PDA

View Full Version : clearing current playlist

itla2001
2009-10-12, 23:14
I like the squeezebox. I have a duet, and a boom, and us it with soft squeeze. I find one think lacking in the duet controller and the squeezemote for iphone. I see no way to clear current playlist. There is a button on squeeze center to accomplish this, but it would be much handier to have this feature on the controller either the duet controller or the iphone controller. I have two story house with computer upstairs, duet down stair in far corner den, and squeeze boom in dining room. I have hard wired the den, but the boom is wireless. System work very well.

Hopefully someone from logitech reads these posts and considers adding this feature.

thanks

Jon

CharlieG
2009-10-13, 04:51
I'm not at home so I can't check this out, but isn't that option at the bottom of the playlist on the controller?

Siduhe
2009-10-13, 06:45
There is a button on squeeze center to accomplish this, but it would be much handier to have this feature on the controller either the duet controller or the iphone controller.

You'll need to speak to pippin about iPeng in his support thread.

Re the Controller, CharlieG is right. If you go into the screen on the Controller that shows the entire active playlist (not the now playing screen), there is an option at the bottom to either Save or Clear playlist. You do need more than one item in the playlist for this option to be available. If you only have a single item in the playlist, you can press the + button to remove it from the playlist.

DigitalMitch
2009-10-13, 09:43
My problem is that it is all too easy (especially in 7.4) to accidentally replace a crafted playlist by press of play (or centre button).

So, if you're creating a new playlist, juts play the first track (immediately replacing current playlist) and add from there.

If you want silence, press pause or switch the player off.

I agree it's not obvious, I did spend a while wondering why no stop button - but in practise it is unnecessary.