PDA

View Full Version : SSH into Radio

vw195
2009-10-12, 06:24
I set the remote login into my radio to allow SSH. Then I attempted to use putty using the radio's ip address. I kept getting connection refused. Is port 22 the correct port to go into?

Thanks!

dsf
2009-10-12, 06:40
I set the remote login into my radio to allow SSH. Then I attempted to use putty using the radio's ip address. I kept getting connection refused. Is port 22 the correct port to go into?

Thanks!

Port 22 is right. I enabled it and had a hunt around the filesystem myself :)

iPhone
2009-10-12, 06:51

Thanks!

Are you currently Ethernet or wireless?

Yes that is correct. I just logged into my Radio so that should work. Quick question: In Putty you do have SSH bulleted? And when you attempt login it doesn't ask, Login as: ?

Try this: Goto Settings> Advance> Remote Login and click the enable box. Now leave the Radio at that point without making any other changes. Now use Putty to attempt a login. I know this shouldn't matter, but when I have trouble logging in, this always works for me.

Matt Wise
2009-10-12, 07:03

Thanks!

Did the screen pop up with a "SSH is now enabled, here's your user and password" screen? (paraphrased) If not, SSH didnt enable properly -- in that case, try rebooting and re-enabling.

vw195
2009-10-12, 07:25
Are you currently Ethernet or wireless?

Yes that is correct. I just logged into my Radio so that should work. Quick question: In Putty you do have SSH bulleted? And when you attempt login it doesn't ask, Login as: ?

Currently I am wireless, and SSH is bulleted. It never does ask me for a login. It simply says Connection refused.

Try this: Goto Settings> Advance> Remote Login and click the enable box. Now leave the Radio at that point without making any other changes. Now use Putty to attempt a login. I know this shouldn't matter, but when I have trouble logging in, this always works for me.

I will try it when I get home tonight. I just VNCed in and tried it again, but alas still does not work.

Did the screen pop up with a "SSH is now enabled, here's your user and password" screen? (paraphrased) If not, SSH didnt enable properly -- in that case, try rebooting and re-enabling.

It did pop up with that, but for whatever reason its not letting me in. Perhaps it knows that I have no reason to be let in :) I would chalk it up to user error, but I can ssh into my ipod touch as well as a chumby that I sold :p

simsboard
2009-10-12, 08:50
I had similar problems to another server some time ago - then I realized that there are different versions of ssh available and my old putty-version just supported version 1
don't know what the SB-radio supports and if this is really your problem but it might be a hint :-)

bluegaspode
2009-10-12, 11:58

I had this problem as well some time ago (no popup - no connection).
Rebooting helped as described.

vw195
2009-10-12, 14:28
I had this problem as well some time ago (no popup - no connection).
Rebooting helped as described.

I had to reboot to get it to work but successfully got in the second time. Thanks all!