PDA

View Full Version : How do I get it to play the radio as an alarm?

furtive
2009-10-12, 05:37
My Radio has just arrived and am liking it so far :)

I'm just in the process of setting it up and for the life of me can't figure out how to get it to play the radio as an alarm.

If I go into "Alarm Sound" the only options are "the current playlist", or one of the inbuilt sound effects.

How do I get my Radio to play the radio to wake me up?

Keymaster
2009-10-12, 05:39
This might be convoluted, and there might be a better way, but since there should be an option to assign a "Favorite" as an alarm sound, add the station(s) in question to your fave list and then pick from there.

That's how I do it :)

furtive
2009-10-12, 05:47
I don't seem to have the option to add a favourite as an alarm

Seems rediculous that it's not simple to add the radio as an alarm to something called a "radio"

gdpeck
2009-10-12, 06:22
You should have the option to add a radio station as a favorite. However, if your radio is connected to mysqueezebox.com, this doesn't work due to a bug. To work around this bug, you can go to the mysqueezebox.com web page and add the favorite there. (https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14088)

If you are connected to squeezebox server (squeezecenter), you should be able to click the wheel, or press the + key and have an option to add the current station to favorites.

furtive
2009-10-12, 06:31
Ah ok. I've added the radio station to one of the numbered buttons. Assume I need to add it as a favourite as well?

And how do I get it to play a random mp3 from my collection as an alarm?

Keymaster
2009-10-12, 06:35
Ahhh right....

Forgot to mention...I'm connected to my server for my alarm.

When you're connected to your server "Random Mix" is an alarm option (with a few suboptions).

dsf
2009-10-12, 06:35
And how do I get it to play a random mp3 from my collection as an alarm?

I had (and use) the option of "Random Song Mix" for my alarm. I don't remember setting anything up specially to get that option.

ModelCitizen
2009-10-12, 06:43
If you play the radio station you want and whilst doing this set the alarm choosing "Current Playlist" as the alarm sound then your currently playing station will be set as your alarm... I think.

MC

furtive
2009-10-12, 06:47
Thanks all. I've now got a radio station set to play as my alarm.

So on to my next question - where do I set the volume that the alarm will play at?