scanner.exe *"No Disk"* hanging on my CDROM drive??!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwc
    • Oct 2005

I tried searching, sorry if I missed the workaround/fix for this.

ENV:
    Version: 7.3.2 - 24695 @ Mon Jan 19 18:55:04 PST 2009
    Operating system: Windows XP - EN - cp1252
    Platform Architecture: 586
    Perl Version: 5.8.8 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

Every night I have a scheduled "Full Scan".

If I have used the DVD-ROM drive that day, the scanner will hang on the empty drive, with this error. My scan doesn't complete:

Code:
    "There is no disk in the drive, Please insert a disk into drive D:"
    (cancel) (try again) (continue)
    Can someone help me understand why scanner.exe got confused into caring about my DVD drive? My scan is specifically set to a different folder on a different drive, and this issue did not occur in the past with past versions. I do not believe I have any links or shortcuts in my E:\FLAC folder that point to D:.

I can's seem to get past the dialog box either, because it rolls back my scan and a few minutes later the damn message pops up again. I have to reboot the box to get the scanner to complete without issue, and then the system is only stable until the next time I have to rip a CD, at which point scanner will hang again.

Thanks for any help. Glad to provide info.
    -Dan
  • Mnyb
    • Feb 2006

Any old play list or cue sheet pointing at D:

If dl some stuff there could be m3u files among the music too and cue .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• Michael Herger
      Babelfish's Best Boy
      • Apr 2005

Please make sure you don't have any playlist, cue sheet etc. pointing to that drive. Use Windows' search feature to search your music folder for any file containing your drive letter.
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• dwc
        • Oct 2005

Edit:

I ran the search. I got many .log files, and a couple .txt files.

There were a couple mp3 files (old ones) that apparently had "d:" in them.
        I removed these and rebooted the box.

Questions:

Which files are significant to Scanner.exe?
        Can I get scanner.exe to ignore all files other than flac, mp3, and jpg?

Thanks,
        Dan
        Last edited by dwc; 2009-10-13, 18:52.

Comment

• Mnyb
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by dwc
          Every single log file from my rips has "D:" in it.

Thanks,
          Dan
          *.log files should not be scanned afiak ? but you can ignore filetypes

in sbs:

settings > advanced > file types

here we have an entry for "Disabled Audio File Extensions"
          "
          Squeezebox Server will look in the Music Folder for all supported file types (audio files and cue sheets). To disable specific file types from being processed when scanning the Music Folder, enter a comma separated list of file extensions below. E.g.: cue, mp4, aac"

I have an ignore list of cue,m3u,pls

Otherwise you can have triplets when scanning the tags them self a m3u playlist and the cue sheet could spawn one album each ?
          I have cleaned up my mess of a file system but who can say whats lurking there.
          I can probably remove that wo problem nowdays .
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
          Bedroom/Office: Boom
          Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
          Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
          iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
          (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
          server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• Phil Leigh
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by dwc
            Every single log file from my rips has "D:" in it.

Thanks,
            Dan
            sure...
            settings - advanced - file types ... put the extensions to IGNORE in the box at the top
            You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
            Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
            Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
            Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Comment

• dwc
              • Oct 2005

Thanks Guys,

I had cue in there already. I added log,txt,m3u

-Dan

Comment

• Remixray
                • Oct 2009

Same scanner error

Hi

Sorry to be a pain , but I have searched and with all the advice given here I still have the same issue as scanner.exe having issues and requiring me to insert a hard disk in DR2

I have have searched in windows and deleted all playlists and other non mp3 files ( but not JPegs ).

I have deleted most of the long names that I can find

Can I turn scanner.exe off ?

I have the music on an external esata drive and I`m running windows 7

I`ve also told squeezebox server to ingnore m3u files

any other ideas would be great as I`m starting to waste a lot of time on this

I don`t really use the web interface as I use my Classic 3 to navigate to the files

Thanks very much for your time

Ray

Comment

• Phil Leigh
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Remixray
                  Hi

Sorry to be a pain , but I have searched and with all the advice given here I still have the same issue as scanner.exe having issues and requiring me to insert a hard disk in DR2

I have have searched in windows and deleted all playlists and other non mp3 files ( but not JPegs ).

I have deleted most of the long names that I can find

Can I turn scanner.exe off ?

I have the music on an external esata drive and I`m running windows 7

I`ve also told squeezebox server to ingnore m3u files

any other ideas would be great as I`m starting to waste a lot of time on this

I don`t really use the web interface as I use my Classic 3 to navigate to the files

Thanks very much for your time

Ray
                  Ray could you be a bit more precise on the error you are seeing?

(scanner.exe is required whether or not you use the web interface - it populates the database that drives all of the browsing/searching menus you see on the player... unless you are ONLY using "Browse Music Folder")

What is "DR2"?

you need to leave the esata disk attached to the PC running SBS - if the scanner starts when the disk is not attached, your SBS tag-derived database will be wiped.
                  The scanner will start under several different circumstances.

The path to your music library (in Settings - Basic Settings - Music Folder in the Web UI) needs to ALWAYS be there...
                  You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
                  Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
                  Stax4070+SRM7/II phones

Comment

• Remixray
                    • Oct 2009

Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2

Hi Phill

Many thanks for your reply

I tend only to use the " music folder " from the SB classic 3 as some of the MP3 tags are a bit of a mess, and the file names make more sense.

The external e sata drive is allways plugged in and the SBS is poited towards in and sees it ok as the "Music folder option " always finds what I want.

But the error I get is in a box with a red cross

scanner.exe error Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2

as far as SBS in concerned the music has always been on this drive since I installed SB

The drive is a go flex 1TB drive

Hope this helps

Ray

Comment

• Phil Leigh
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Remixray
                      Hi Phill

Many thanks for your reply

I tend only to use the " music folder " from the SB classic 3 as some of the MP3 tags are a bit of a mess, and the file names make more sense.

The external e sata drive is allways plugged in and the SBS is poited towards in and sees it ok as the "Music folder option " always finds what I want.

But the error I get is in a box with a red cross

scanner.exe error Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2

as far as SBS in concerned the music has always been on this drive since I installed SB

The drive is a go flex 1TB drive

Hope this helps

Ray
                      ah - do you have any playlists?

and does your basic settings screen look like this?
                      Last edited by Phil Leigh; 2010-11-24, 14:04.
                      Stax4070+SRM7/II phones

Comment

Working...