PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Poll SqueezeBoxServer

th00ht
2009-10-10, 01:27
As the developers have not be sitting idly on there hands there is a new 7.4 SqueezeCenter out. Apart from being called SqueezeBoxServer now there are quite some differences between the two. Also there are still quit some users who have not "drunk the water" and stick with 7.3.x.

Therefor, a poll to create a new forum more aptly called SqueezeBoxServer.

Mnyb
2009-10-10, 06:34
People routinely post in the wrong forum anyway and the mods don't move them quick enough so nobody really learns whats right.

We have an artwork and tagging tread in general all day nobody moves it to tagging and ripping were it belongs.

So one more forum would not help sbs is so like the sc anyway .

But they should really rename the forums there is no squeezenetwork anymore ?

funkstar
2009-10-11, 06:11
No. It is the software that drives the players, the SqueezeCetner forum just needs to be re-named. With the description changed to something like "All things Squeezebox Server, the software formerly known as SqueezeCenter."

Slimserver is old enough that I think we can drop that out.

bluegaspode
2009-10-11, 08:46
No. It is the software that drives the players, the SqueezeCetner forum just needs to be re-named. With the description changed to something like "All things Squeezebox Server, the software formerly known as SqueezeCenter."

Slimserver is old enough that I think we can drop that out.

At least

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeCenter
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Squeezebox_Wiki_Style_Guide

need updating too

aubuti
2009-10-11, 12:53
Absolutely no need for a new forum in my opinion. Just bring the title and sub-title of the existing forum up to date, as funkstar suggests.

iPhone
2009-10-11, 21:45
My vote would be for Title Changes only. And I still want a Section for Transporter only! If the $200 SB Radio gets its own section the the $2000 Transporter should have its own and be kept away from the foil, magic marker, and snake oil of the Audiophile Section.

DigitalMitch
2009-10-12, 04:03
and everywhere else too!!

bobkoure
2009-10-12, 05:15
IMO, there needs to be some sort of extension to the search section so that a new user, attempting to search for an answer before posting, gets posts that are appropriate but that match the no-old terminology.
Maybe a checkbox, when set on, words matching a dictionary lookup of new terms gets the old terms added as well - plus a "what's this all about?" link with a page listing new/old.
Likely a transitional issue as posts with the new terms accumulate - but a potential issue for newbs now.