PDA

View Full Version : Spare remotes in the UK

eek
2009-10-09, 08:53
Any idea where I can buy a couple of spare remotes in the UK?

Over the years I've replaced a number of Squeezeboxes and now have two spare squeezebox 1s that my children would very much like in their bedrooms. The only problem I have is that the remotes that belong to them have been lost over the years and without the remotes the boxes are not much use.

DigitalMitch
2009-10-09, 09:44
there was a spares section on www.logitech.com which seems to have disappeared/diminished when it was revamped (circa release of Radio)

I had an open cart which had a controller charging cradle, to which I added a Radio and have now received both. The new web-site didn't seem to let me complete the order using IE7, so I tried IE8 on a different machine, couldn't find cradle so upgraded original pc. to IE8 and completed order (painfully).

I guess if/when they fix web-site you'll hopefully be able to order spares again.

Alternately harass support and see if they can order for you, bypassing website.

Alternately the web-settings suggest a JVC remote of unspecified style may work.

Richie
2009-10-09, 09:57
www.ripcaster.co.uk

You have to select All Products and then browse the list. They don't make them easy to find but they are there.

Richard

mparry
2009-10-09, 18:51
Any idea where I can buy a couple of spare remotes in the UK?

Over the years I've replaced a number of Squeezeboxes and now have two spare squeezebox 1s that my children would very much like in their bedrooms. The only problem I have is that the remotes that belong to them have been lost over the years and without the remotes the boxes are not much use.
email me @ sales@slimdevices.com

signor_rossi
2009-10-10, 00:38
there was a spares section on www.logitech.com which seems to have disappeared/diminished when it was revamped (circa release of Radio)

Can confirm that, though it seems that the site is more responsive since yesterday (nearly unusable on Firefox the days before). If I decide to go for a SBRadio I would also like to order a spare battery for the Controller (discount code is too tempting), so I hope they will put the spares store online again in the near future (hopefully with more articles in it).

signorRossi.

signor_rossi
2009-10-11, 11:29
Have found a way to access the spare parts store again on the Italian site. If I select 'Prodotti' -> 'Telecommandi' I get a link to it below on the left. Doesn't seem to be the same for the German and UK site, come on, fix your web site, Logitech!

signorRossi.