PDA

View Full Version : Mysqld.exe runs without SqueezeBox Server

juniper
2009-10-09, 05:59
I have been checking my "running processes" using LookinmyPc Inspector trying to sort a PC problem and noticed an instance of Mysqld.exe (13 threads and 8788 kb) . The only product that uses Mysqld.exe on this PC is the Squeezebox Server, yet this is not loaded as a startup program and it was not running when I found mysqld.exe running. This may not be a problem or even related to my problem (my PC periodically freezes) but it seems curious. Can anyone advise please?

mherger
2009-10-09, 06:08
MySQL is started as a service when Windows is launched. This helps speed up the SBS start. If you don't like this you can change the SqueezeMySQL's startup behaviour using Windows' service console.

JJZolx
2009-10-09, 07:29
It's pretty odd. The Squeezebox Server's MySQL instance is configured as a Windows service to automatically start up with the computer, even if Squeezebox Server itself is not. But if you shut down Squeezebox Server, it will shut down the MySQL service. Doesn't really make much sense.

juniper
2009-10-09, 08:27
Thanks guys. I now understand why its there. I think I will leave it "on" as I want a quick Squeezebox start when I need it.

juniper
2009-10-09, 08:29
... but I take Jim's point. It then makes no sense to switch it off when Squeezebox Server is switched off. Is this a little bug?