PDA

View Full Version : Difference between logitechsqueezebox.com and logitech.com?

Ikabob
2009-10-08, 09:18
I have noticed that there are 2 websites that do basically the same thing...logitechsqueezebox.com and logitech.com. It seems to me that they are 2 completely different entities. I am use to LogitechSqueezebox.com and have found them to be responsive and customer friendly. The other has a forum but one of the Threads claims that "this is not the Logitech forum" or something like that. So, what is that all about...if anyone knows. Is logitech.com legitimate . I just filled out a questionare with them. ? Thanks

snarlydwarf
2009-10-08, 09:48
I have noticed that there are 2 websites that do basically the same thing...logitechsqueezebox.com and logitech.com. It seems to me that they are 2 completely different entities. I am use to LogitechSqueezebox.com and have found them to be responsive and customer friendly. The other has a forum but one of the Threads claims that "this is not the Logitech forum" or something like that. So, what is that all about...if anyone knows. Is logitech.com legitimate . I just filled out a questionare with them. ? Thanks

Logitech.com is the parent company, and there is a "Wireless Music Systems" forum there but it is "NOT THE SQUEEZEBOX FORUM" as their sticky says. Logitech offers some "make a long virtual cable" type wireless systems which is what that is presumably for. Interesting devices but even more stripped down than any of the SB line (even dumber than the SliMP3).

This place (despite its warts at times) is actually far more useful, and has much higher participation from users, developers, designers and everyone in between.

Ironically enough this isn't an Official Support Forum either.... it's goal (which mostly works) is to create/develop a user community for feedback... by reading the "I want" type requests here, they can get a better feel of where to focus their development of new software/features and many of the common support requests can be handled by users.

Since the Streaming Media Business Unit or whatever they are called now is much smaller than the corporate parent, yes, they are a ton more responsive. Big businesses get stuck in routines... the former-slimdevices business unit is still staffed with real people, not robots.

Ikabob
2009-10-08, 10:01
Thanks for the information. Yes, this forum is very helpful and customer friendly. I appreciate that and it reflects well on Logitech. I would imagine that Logitech has a very bright future.

mparry
2009-10-08, 11:28
www.slimdevices.com turned into www.logitechsqueezebox.com.
We are a squeezebox specific micro site
www.logitech.com is the larger all encompassing corporate site.
Having our own site has allowed us to do some things that would not be possible with the larger Logitech site.
Hope that helps.

Ikabob
2009-10-08, 12:01
Thank you. I appreciate the personal attention that your division is able to provide. It seems to me that you and your staff monitor the concerns and issues on the forums closely and are also accessible via telephone should the need arise.Many large companies do not have that kind of personal attention.