Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morthan
    • May 2009

No Radio for Australia

I have confirmed with Logitech Australia that they have no plans to release the Radio (or as they call it,the 'Baby') in this market. For what reason I have NO IDEA!

My question is does the Radio have dual voltage (120,220) or do I need to source one directly from a 220V location?
  • Michael Herger
    Babelfish's Best Boy
    • Apr 2005

No Radio for Australia

> My question is does the Radio have dual voltage (120,220) or do I need
    > to source one directly from a 220V location?

It supports both voltages.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• PetervanHanergem
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by morthan
      I have confirmed with Logitech Australia that they have no plans to release the Radio (or as they call it,the 'Baby') in this market. For what reason I have NO IDEA!

My question is does the Radio have dual voltage (120,220) or do I need to source one directly from a 220V location?
      If you want, i will buy you one and send it over.
      TS-109 pro = the server
      Kitchen = SB3
      Mainroom = SB3
      Bathroom = Duet
      Bedroom = Radio

Comment

• ccrome2
        Logitech Squeezebox Employee
        • Jun 2008

Each region has its own regional manager that makes these decisions.

With all the EU and California and other worldwide regulations, you won't see many/any new products with linear power supplies -- virtually everything will use switching power supplies from now on. Most of those are wide range input, but definitely not all.

So far, our products (the Squeezeboxes) always use wide range input voltage. Generally from 100V to 230 or 240 V. This was not true of the old Squeezebox Classic supply, but has been true of all products in the last 3 years or so.

-Caleb
        Caleb Crome
        Sr. Hardware Engineer
        Logitech SMBU (i.e. the Squeezebox people)

The future is here. It's just not widely distributed yet. -William Gibson

Comment

• morthan
          • May 2009

Originally posted by PetervanHanergem
          If you want, i will buy you one and send it over.
          Thanks. Not sure how we would work that though. Might be better to wait till they come on ebay and get a couple that way.

Comment

• sgriffin
            • Nov 2009

It's a pity it's not available in Australia as I think it'd be popular... but I'm sure the regional manager has a much better idea than me of what sales would be like.

I phoned the Pre-Sales Enquiry number a few weeks ago to ask about availability in Aus (before I found this forum) and somehow got stuck in a loop. Transferred to support who don't have availability information, who re-directed me to the Pre-Sales Enquiry number - which just went through to support again, and then around once more. I gave up and emailed support, but never received a response.

That wasn't enough to deter me, though, and eBay came to my rescue.

All I need now is a US-to-Aus plug adapter so I can switch this thing on

Comment

• dennis55
              • Dec 2006

morthan,how are you going to get round the "mysqueezebox.com" problem which is based in Frankfurt,Germany?.

Thanks. Not sure how we would work that though. Might be better to wait till they come on ebay and get a couple that way.
              Linn Products Akurate DS/3 Exakt
              Bonnec Audiosysteme Timpano Preamplifier
              Linn Products Akurate C4200 Dynamik
              Totem Acoustics Forest Signature (Biwired/Amped)
              SqueezeBox Radio's Original Black and a fancy RED one too :)
              Asustor Lockerstor AS6602T/Minimserver/LMS
              BubbleDS on Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G
              Linn LP12/Cirkus/Ekos2/Dynavector XX2 MK2/Linn Linto/ Lingo1

Comment

• tass
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by dennis55
                morthan,how are you going to get round the "mysqueezebox.com" problem which is based in Frankfurt,Germany?.
                I have a radio which I'm using in Australia, and there's no problem connecting to mysqueezebox.com. Though you could be talking about some other problem...

With the power supply, I'm using the pins from a blackberry charger, though a US->Aus power adapter also works well.

Comment

• batman222
                  • Oct 2009

No Radio for NZ presumably as well...

I think this is a disappointing decision, as as this means that New Zealand won't get it either, and the products here sell for a premium. A lower cost of entry would surely be a shrewd move.

Comment

• iisfaq
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by batman222
                    I think this is a disappointing decision, as as this means that New Zealand won't get it either, and the products here sell for a premium. A lower cost of entry would surely be a shrewd move.
                    I have seen no advertising of the radio in NZ, but the touch is already listed on the NZ logitech site.

I purchased a red radio from Amazon.com and had it shipped to a hotel in the US when I was there last month.

I am enjoying it quite a lot - some small issues but generally pretty happy.

I even wrote a screen saver for it

see
                    http://weather.crowe.co.nz/SqueezeBox for more for the controller

Chris

Comment

• jdoering
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by ccrome2
                      Each region has its own regional manager that makes these decisions.
                      In a world of online retailing, Ebay, overseas 2nd air, and instant currency conversion - some aspects of product distribution, sales, and marketing sure seem archaic!

-Jeff

Comment

• vdeknock
                        • Mar 2006

Or just look for services that buy products in the USA and ship them to you for a small fee. Now I know it works, time to get one.

I have been waiting for news that it would be released in Oz.

Comment

Working...