PDA

View Full Version : 7.4 - some questions

miguelk
2009-10-07, 20:15
Hoping someone can help me with these questions:

-is there a way to launch the traditional browser interface without going through the server to launch it?

-It's nice having the "new music" filter, but based on what's appeared in it after my rescan, it's a mixture of recently added albums and things that date back to early in my ripping process...i.e., it's not clear what criteria are used to select what appears in this category. is it something that the user can control?

Thanks.

snarlydwarf
2009-10-07, 20:28
Hoping someone can help me with these questions:

-is there a way to launch the traditional browser interface without going through the server to launch it?

Not specific at all to 7.4: but from the machine running SC/SBC etc, you can go to:
http://127.0.0.1:9000/

On other machines on your network, change the 127.0.0.1 to the ip of the server, which will most likely be something like 192.168.1.2 or something.

(127.0.0.1 = 'localhost' = 'me' in computer terms, so 'me' from any machine other than the server wouldn't work.)

-It's nice having the "new music" filter, but based on what's appeared in it after my rescan, it's a mixture of recently added albums and things that date back to early in my ripping process...i.e., it's not clear what criteria are used to select what appears in this category. is it something that the user can control?

New Music, likewise, has been around for ages.

It is "music most recently modified".. so change tags can make it appear in that list (since that changes the file modification timestamp). Many taggers have a setting to not change the modify date... I personally like how "older music recently retagged" shows up in the list. But if you prefer strict "new", adjust your tagger to not change the datestamp.