PDA

View Full Version : SB Radio is dropping station from hardware key [1]

Punga
2009-10-07, 13:45
Hi,

strange things happen: I just saved my favorite stations to all six SB Radio's hardwarekeys. But then, coming back minutes later and powering on the SB Radio, the station for hardwarekey [1] is lost everytime. Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks
Punga

toby10
2009-10-07, 14:17
Radio is holding my presets just fine. Are you running the server on your computer? If yes are you for sure running SBS7.4? Or are you connecting to the online MySB.com server?

Punga
2009-10-08, 16:58
Radio is holding my presets just fine. Are you running the server on your computer? If yes are you for sure running SBS7.4? Or are you connecting to the online MySB.com server?

Currently Radio connects with mySB.com, still waiting for an update of SSOTS to be able to install v7.4 on my QNAP. Presets for all other hardware keys work fine, it's just key [1]. Will see if it's dropped again tomorrow morning .)

Thanks
Punga

Punga
2009-10-09, 02:14
Hi,

it went even worse :(

Right after writing the above post I checked the presets: All Presets were gone, instead some of my Favorites were assigned to the hardwarekeys.

So I configured all hardwarekeys for new and went to bed. This morning the station I put as preset for key [1] was duplicated onto all 6 hardwarekeys. All other presets were overwritten by that station.

Thus I started to reconfigure the presets. Trying to use "Search" for Radio Stations this morning gave me an "Error 500". Setting up the preset for key [3] worked but key [1] lost it's preset in the same moment.

Additionally the Power key works very strange: Some times SB Radio won't react at all if pressing the power key. Some times it powers down the radio although the power key was pressed shortly (long press should power down the radio)...

Not very happy right now about all these issues :(

Cheers
Punga

bpa
2009-10-09, 02:18
Error 500 is an error from the station server and not the Radio. From other Posts (and my own test) it seems the RadioTime server (which does the Search) is down

Punga
2009-10-09, 02:20
Error 500 is an error from the station server and not the Radio. From other Posts (and my own test) it seems the RadioTime server (which does the Search) is down

Yep, thought so too. That was just to describe what went wrong this morning alltogether...

Cheers
Punga

toby10
2009-10-09, 03:00
Yeah, RadioTime is down.
I think the way MySB handles the 1-6 presets (0-9 with a remote) is simply that your first six MySB Favorites are your 1-6 presets on Radio.
Probably redundant, but I'd re-load the FW from MySB:
Home Menu > Settings > Advanced > Software Update

simsboard
2009-10-10, 06:33
I realized a similar scenario on my radio the last days!
it already happend several times that all my preset got lost

I'm running SBS 7.4 most of the time on my PC and configured the keys with my favourite radio-stations
but when I power off (pressing a few seconds the off-button) the radio and on again the setting for the first key is lost => this is re-producable

but so far I don't know why sometimes also the rest of the keys are not assigned any more
anybody elso who realized this as well?

regards!
simsboard

bluegaspode
2009-10-10, 07:01
but so far I don't know why sometimes also the rest of the keys are not assigned any more
anybody elso who realized this as well?

Yes I also had my radio-stations lost (maybe now about 3 times) from all preset keys.
Unfortunately shortly after saving them again I can't reproduce it :(.
I currently switch more often between two local SqueezeboxServers and MySB (also Powering On/Off) here and then. I guess this is the cause (but as said I can't reproduce it yet).

simsboard
2009-10-10, 07:02
I have to adjust my own post
it is reproducable when I am connected o mySB and only with the austrian radio-station 3
@Punga: which radio-station did you try to configure?

regards!
simsboard