PDA

View Full Version : SB Radio + Facebook: Multiple accounts possible?

Punga
2009-10-07, 12:06
Hi,

I didn't figured if it's possible anyhow to set up multiple Facebook accounts for the Squeezebox Radio... Does anybody know if this is possible?

Thanks
Punga

SteveEast
2009-10-07, 12:10
'Fraid not. For the reason see:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=467388&postcount=3

Steve.

Punga
2009-10-07, 12:55
Hi SteveEast,

thanks for your quick reply.

That's really sad, although I don't see Facebook's problem if one Squeezebox-player would be chained to just one account. This way e.g. the bathroom SB Radio could be chained to my girlfriend's account and the kitchen's SB Boom to mine. But having this limited to one account only all my SB's can only be chained to one simple account... Not very fancy :(

Cheers
Punga

andyg
2009-10-07, 13:37
The issue was that Facebook wanted us to automatically log out one user when you changed accounts to another user. Thus you would have to re-enter your FB password every time you changed accounts, just like you do on the web. We felt this would be too painful and so restricted it to one account.

Punga
2009-10-07, 13:51
Hi andyg,

The issue was that Facebook wanted us to automatically log out one user when you changed accounts to another user. Thus you would have to re-enter your FB password every time you changed accounts, just like you do on the web. We felt this would be too painful and so restricted it to one account.

for a large online community provider like facebook it seems like they really do not think community-driven :( Maybe I should start a petition on facebook to make them revise their useless decision?!

Cheers
Punga

peterw
2009-10-07, 15:50
Hi ( Maybe I should start a petition on facebook to make them revise their useless decision?!

Yes, please.

Andy, thanks for the explanation.

Punga
2009-10-08, 14:19
I've started a cause on Facebook about making Facebook revoke their decision to limit a SqueezeBox to one Facebook account only!(hope this is the right way to run a petition on Facebook?!).

Please join the cause here:
http://apps.facebook.com/causes/369472/88063032?m=7f359208

Cheers
Punga