PDA

View Full Version : Who are you, Squeezebox Developers ?

bluegaspode
2009-10-06, 13:13
Out of pure curiosity I'm really interested to get more insight in the current Squeezebox Dev-Team !

How many of you are there ?
What are you responsible for ?
Where do you live ?
How often do you meet ?
How would you call your software-dev-process (scrum, xp, waterfall, crystal, chaos) ?
Whos your boss ?

So far I know the following, but that's sure not all !

Richard - the man of the firmware, seems to love C - at least he should
Ben - the applet/LUA guy - is he programming with notepad, or does he has a big secret how LUA-coding can be comfortable ?
Noah - seems to be resposible for UI design. Has magic glasses which make fonts look smaller ;)
Andy - seems to the SB-Server guy. Secretly grumbles all the day about unreadable perl code. In return is forced to be nice in the forum all the time.
Matt - most diplomatic forum moderator - cannot be made angry - will try later maybe.
JRichardson - cleans up bugzilla all the time - always moves bugs to later releases. If I had to choose 'the evil man' I'd choose him. Can't blame him though, because at work I do the same :)
Micheal - goes round everywhere ... seems to sit alone in switzerland in a small hut at the top of a snowcapped mountain - how does he keep in touch with the others (video-conferences through SB-Touch I guess - read it could not only to the doorbell stuff ...)

:)

pippin
2009-10-06, 13:16
Ben - the applet/LUA guy - is he programming with notepad, or does he has a big secret how LUA-coding can be comfortable ?

No, I believe his brain has an integrated perl-to-lua converter.

MeSue
2009-10-06, 15:55
Some more off the top of my head. Fill in the ???s if you know...

MWeldon - different Matt ???
Caleb - The sound wiz!
Tom - ???
Anoop - Tech support
Mark M. - ??? (aka Fletch)
awy - different Andy, the sync-meister?
Felix - ??? mysterious avatar

Matt Wise
2009-10-06, 16:49
matt w -- build maestro/tool guy

ChrisOwens
2009-10-06, 17:11
Hardware and software QA manager

Working on:
Test automation, both firmware and SbS
* Version for contributors/average users
* Ability to test all supported platforms
* In-depth testing with devices attached

Migrating to a new test case management system
* Need one that community members can use and contribute to.

Trying to keep all our Matts separate in my mind.

Cabe
2009-10-06, 18:03
Who is the linchpin, without whom the entire operation would crumble.....

....just who is the executive tea-boy? :)

aubuti
2009-10-06, 20:13
Some more off the top of my head. Fill in the ???s if you know...
<snip>
awy - different Andy, the sync-meister?

awy is Alan, not Andy. I remember when he appeared out from seemingly out of nowhere on these forums to say, "you know, I think there's a way you can do this sync thing a little better" (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=34133), and proceeded to rewrite the sync code. I'm pretty sure that was before he was drawing a Logitech paycheck.

aubuti
2009-10-06, 20:16
Oh, and Tom ??? is Tom Wadzinski, whose sig says "Logitech Developer - SqueezePlay"

erland
2009-10-06, 21:18
Don't forget:
- Diana (GrandmasterD) - I'm not sure about her exact role, but I know she is the one that makes sure my early access units is safely sent o me
- Mickey (MickeyG) - Seems to be the one who is making the decisions regarding when to release things so I'm guessing he is some kind of manager
- Seth Schulte - A new guy which I've only seen mentioned in bug reports, seems to be one that makes the decisions regarding complex bug reports, his title is "Software marketing manager"
- Pat Ransil - A new guy which I've also only seen mentioned in bug reports, his title is "Director of Software Engineering" so I suspect he is the one in control.

For anyone that want to see the face behind the signatures there is a photo about 20 months old in this thread:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41694

Everyone isn't there of course since some has started to work for Logitech after that photo was taken.

jrichardson
2009-10-06, 21:57
QA Lead

Self imposed role to dole out the bugs, I decide who gets what and which bug is fixed first MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

BTW: bluegaspode, I'm only part-time evil. Hacking order out of chaos is my main role here. I can't help it if evil splashes me :P

bklaas
2009-10-06, 22:21
I'm actually a bot.

cheers,
#!/ben

didjean
2009-10-07, 01:52
I'm actually a bot.

cheers,
#!/ben

And your girlfriend is Codebaby ;-)

andynormancx
2009-10-07, 01:55
And your girlfriend is Codebaby ;-)
I thought it was just Ben in a dress.

Siduhe
2009-10-07, 01:59
I thought it was just Ben in a dress.

I remember last time we played, "Who's that Developer" but sadly don't think Ben or his dress made an appearance. I vote for an update!

Rather out of date, but still functioning.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35137853@N00/2163811772/

toby10
2009-10-07, 03:01
Who's in charge of donuts?

mherger
2009-10-07, 03:15
> Who's in charge of donuts?

Matt

funkstar
2009-10-07, 03:39
> Who's in charge of donuts?

Matt
Do they get DHL'ed to you? Or are you more of a strudel guy?

mherger
2009-10-07, 04:41
>> > Who's in charge of donuts?
>> Matt

I probably need to say that Mickey and Chris are doing this job too. The three of them introduced me to donuts, healthy dounts, makers etc.

> Do they get DHL'ed to you? Or are you more of a strudel guy?

Nah, mostly Nussgipfel (which is all different from the German/Austrian Nusskipferl!).

Siduhe
2009-10-07, 05:47
What no smores?

Remains the primary reason I am persuaded to cross the pond and visit with my US colleagues (although needs to be done on a campfire or BBQ, so summer only).

maggior
2009-10-07, 06:33
Out of pure curiosity I'm really interested to get more insight in the current Squeezebox Dev-Team !

So far I know the following, but that's sure not all !

Richard - the man of the firmware, seems to love C - at least he should
Noah - seems to be resposible for UI design. Has magic glasses which make fonts look smaller ;)
Andy - seems to the SB-Server guy. Secretly grumbles all the day about unreadable perl code. In return is forced to be nice in the forum all the time.
Matt - most diplomatic forum moderator - cannot be made angry - will try later maybe.
JRichardson - cleans up bugzilla all the time - always moves bugs to later releases. If I had to choose 'the evil man' I'd choose him. Can't blame him though, because at work I do the same :)
Micheal - goes round everywhere ... seems to sit alone in switzerland in a small hut at the top of a snowcapped mountain - how does he keep in touch with the others (video-conferences through SB-Touch I guess - read it could not only to the doorbell stuff ...)

:)

How could you forget Caleb - Mr. Boom, who can work miracles with tiny speakers! He's a hardware guy, but still a SB developer.

funkstar
2009-10-07, 08:49
Nah, mostly Nussgipfel (which is all different from the German/Austrian Nusskipferl!).
Just googled, and I'm liking the look of both of them :)

ccrome2
2009-10-07, 09:13
Caleb - Hardware, DSP, Acoustics guy.