PDA

View Full Version : Flickr - need help

mlsstl
2009-10-04, 09:08
I can't get my Flickr account to authorize for mysqueezebox.com.

The mysqeezebox page comes up OK, opens a new screen at Flickr stating someone would like access and is that OK? I say yes, it it tells me that has been done and I can close this web page.

When I go back to mysqueezebox.com, it has a button to "Complete Authorization". I press that and then the web page stays in limbo until I cancel the action.

My controller sees the random Flickr pictures OK. I've seen very little message traffic on this issue and there seems to be nothing in the wiki.

One post talked about differences between IDs on the two services. My Flickr was set up with a Yahoo email address and mysqueezebox uses my regular email. However, I don't want to start over with new accounts at either place.

Not a big deal if I can't get it to work, but it'd be nice.

Thanks for any leads.

mlsstl
2009-10-07, 07:03
The mystery has been solved.

Most of my computers at home run Linux, so my web browser is Firefox. Apparently there is something in the mysqueezebox.com authorization script that will not complete when using this browser or OS combo.

On a lark I ran the configuration from IE on an XP machine and everything worked fine. I can now see my Flickr photos on the Duet controller.

I'm not sure if this is just a Firefox issue or somehow also involves Linux. However, the issue does not seem to be at the Flickr end. I can use FF/Linux and my Flickr page shows mysqueezebox.com as an authorized link.

It is only when one clicks on "Complete Authorization" back at the mysqueezebox.com web page while using FF/Linux that it goes into limbo.

I wonder if mysqueezebox.com has an IE-only script running that Firefox cannot handle?

In any event, perhaps this note will help someone else. However, I'd think that since Squeezebox Server is a multiple OS program, this Flickr problem should likely be considered a bug that needs fixing.

mlsstl
2009-10-09, 20:17
Final follow up - this was submitted as a bug report and the Slimdevice team has fixed the problem. The process to link a Flickr account to mysqueezebox.com using Firefox on a Linux PC now works fine.

Kudos to the Squeezebox guys for a quick response.

gvdmond
2009-11-28, 07:02
If you experience the same problem as described above with Internet Explorer 8, then you should view the mysqueezebox page in compatability mode, and then authorize Flickr.

This worked for me.