PDA

View Full Version : Synchronisation

Philip Meyer
2009-10-04, 08:57
When I synchronise a classic player, I get the option to either press Right-arrow to immediately synch, or press Play to restart the track to synchronise, or leave the message up to synchronise at the next track.

When I synchronise Radio to another player, there's no option. In fact there's no feedback at all, which can become a bit confusing. The only option is to leave the player so it synchronises at the next track - but in the mean time it displays the previous playlist.

Will synchronisation eventually be updated to be similar to the capabilities of the Classic interface?

peterw
2009-10-04, 14:51
Ah, sorry. I haven't looked at making a SqueezePlay UI for SyncOptions, which is what I think is giving you that UI on the older players. As far as I know, there's no SqueezePlay equivalent for the pushMode API I use on the older players. And I didn't think anybody was using SyncOptions for mid-track options since Alan's brilliant sync work came out in 7.3. :-)

-Peter

Philip Meyer
2009-10-04, 15:24
>Ah, sorry. I haven't looked at making a SqueezePlay UI for SyncOptions,
>which is what I think is giving you that UI on the older players. As far
>as I know, there's no SqueezePlay equivalent for the pushMode API I use
>on the older players. And I didn't think anybody was using SyncOptions
>for mid-track options since Alan's brilliant sync work came out in 7.3.

I thought that was the standard functionality. i.e. on Classic, I go to Settings > Synchronise, select a player to synchronise with, and get the option to immediately sync, restart the current track, or wait for the next track.

I do have Sync Options installed still, but I thought that was providing the Extras > Synchronise menu, for setting up synchronisation groups! That must be another plugin then (I have too many).

Sync Options should be standard functionality - it's really good and integrated so well.