PDA

View Full Version : Squeezeboxes has changed our whole home.Thanks Logitech!

Ikabob
2009-10-04, 05:59
I am so happy with my purchases from Logitech. The whole home is filled with synchronized music....music genres that can be changed to match anyones preferences. The quality of the sound is awesome and the functionality works very well. I like the 7.4 update and like any new program version the bugs will be tweeked. I trust Logitech. At night I can unsync and listen to my preference as I set the sleep mode to 45 minutes and fall asleep. The varieties of talk radio selections allow me to choose something other than what I am provided locally (which I am afraid is poor here...a lot of screaming hosts and so much negativity). I hone in on college and pro-football games that are not broadcast locally. I wake up early just so I can enjoy my musical sounds and when I workout I put on music that motivates me to roll and burn. And the forums are so helpful to get this complex and multifunctional system initiated. The people here are so helpful! THANK YOU!

So, I am so glad I found Logitech's Squeezebox System. I am looking forward to the Touch and maybe some other additional Squeezes for other rooms. I recommend Logitech's System to everyone and will continue to be 100% supportive.

funkstar
2009-10-04, 10:59
(which I am afraid is poor here...a lot of screaming hosts and so much negativity)
Sounds like some of the users on this forum :P

(This was a joke btw, just before someone starts jumping up and down screaming....)

:D

I'm really pleased for you Ikabob, I guess my love of the Squeezebox system has been a more gradual build, I knew about the SliMP3 even before it went into production. I could only justify the cost of a couple of players when the SB3s came out (amazing design and functionality combined with my personal circumstances changing) so knew all of what they could do at the time.

Having been lucky enough to be involved with the Radio and Touch beta developments, I am really excited by the future of the product line. the SB3 was amazingly flexible at the time, the Touch is an ideal replacement and is amazingly flexible for this generation of hardware.

toby10
2009-10-04, 12:52
..... I guess my love of the Squeezebox system has been a more gradual build......

Ikabob doesn't mess around! He jumps in with three different players! :)

Ikabob
2009-10-04, 17:30
Well,they were spaced a couple weeks or a little less apart....and more importantly,the wife loves them too!....and that is a positive. :-).

autopilot
2009-10-05, 02:25
Well,they were spaced a couple weeks or a little less apart....and more importantly,the wife loves them too!....and that is a positive. :-).

Absolutely, my wife loves the Squeezeboxs's almost as much as me. She is addicted to BBC iPlayer, so its a good job we have a few rooms covered :) Best gadgets we have ever had and if we had to get rid of some stuff, they would be the last to go.

cunobelinus@mac.com
2009-10-05, 02:41
On 5 Oct 2009, at 10:25, autopilot wrote:

> my wife loves the Squeezeboxs's almost as much as me.

Almost as much? You sure about that? This is sounding slightly
worrying. For you, that is.
> She is addicted to BBC iPlayer..(edit).... if we had to get rid of
> some stuff, they would be the last to go.

There you are. Thought as much. Very worrying. They - not you - go
last. Just you up and tell her - and the sooner the better - : if you
go, they go.
>
>
> --
> autopilot
>
> Cheers, auto.
>
> *lounge:* squeezebox 3, squeezebox controller, cambridge audio 640a,
> mission 701's *kitchen:* squeezebox touch, trends ta-10.1, kef cresta
> 1's. *bedroom:* squeezebox boom *bathroom/garden:* squeezebox radio
> *car:* ipod classic 80gb *portable:* iphone 3gs 32gb (+ipeng)
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> autopilot's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1763
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69106
>
>

TheLastMan
2009-10-05, 05:26

Yep, very wife-friendly devices, mine loves the Duet - she never could stand CD clutter.

However... she is about as tech un-savvy as it is possible to be, so if its not working, she does not try to fix it, just complains!

So to retain wife-friendliness I have had to put a lot of background work into getting it as reliable as possible. Currently it is working like a dream - which means I won't be upgrading to 7.4 any time soon!