PDA

View Full Version : My new Squeezebox Radio is not listed on SBS?

Ikabob
2009-10-03, 19:44
SB Radio is not listed on the Squeezebox Server. The radio works great and I love it....but my SB3 is listed as is the Boom.....but not the radio. Any suggestions?

MeSue
2009-10-03, 20:12
Congrats on the new Radio.

Is it connected to mysqueezebox.com?

If you have a local squeezebox server running, it should attempt to connected to it when you push into My Music.

Ikabob
2009-10-04, 01:39
Ok thanks, I'll try pushing onto My Music as you suggest.

siasl
2009-10-04, 05:08
Not mentioned anywhere in the specs. Im considering one but since I have a boom I don't want another device that has to be plugged in.

Phil Leigh
2009-10-04, 05:11
Not mentioned anywhere in the specs. Im considering one but since I have a boom I don't want another device that has to be plugged in.

Yes - rechargeable battery pack is optional extra

toby10
2009-10-04, 05:19

Radio accessories:
http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/products/squeezebox-radio.html#tab3

Ikabob
2009-10-04, 06:12
Congrats on the new Radio.

Is it connected to mysqueezebox.com?

If you have a local squeezebox server running, it should attempt to connected to it when you push into My Music.

Sue, I did do what you suggested and yes, I had the Radio on SBS and listened to "my music". I then went back to MSBN.com . Then I checked SBS and it was no longer listed but the others were (even though they were on msbn.com too). Is that normal? Also, when I returned to the Radio all the presets had been bumped off the front . Thanks. Also, do you have suggestions for any awesome radio music or talk stations? Just thought I'd ask you.

MeSue
2009-10-04, 07:52
Sue, I did do what you suggested and yes, I had the Radio on SBS and listened to "my music". I then went back to MSBN.com . Then I checked SBS and it was no longer listed but the others were (even though they were on msbn.com too). Is that normal? Also, when I returned to the Radio all the presets had been bumped off the front . Thanks. Also, do you have suggestions for any awesome radio music or talk stations? Just thought I'd ask you.

The auto-switching between mysb.com and SBS is so new, I don't think anyone really understands what's normal, and it hasn't been explained very well from the devs. I keep a server running 24/7 so I rarely switch, myself--I just use the music services through my SBS. Maybe that's what's happening with your other players?

Presets - I'm not sure, but I don't think these are synced between MySB.com and SBS. So if you set a preset while you are connected to MySB.com, and then switch to your server, it won't be available. I could be wrong. Like I said, I don't switch often.

Station Suggestions - Nope, I mainly stick with local music, Last.fm, or Slacker.

Have fun!

eap
2009-10-04, 08:49
Station Suggestions - Nope, I mainly stick with local music, Last.fm, or Slacker.

Have fun!

What? No Pandora?

I've been comparing pandora last.fm and slacker (as I never heard of any of them until I got my Duet a few weeks ago).

I think Pandora is by far the best. last.fm doesn't let you save a station by genre. So everytime I want a genre (not just a stream based on my library of favorite artists) I have to pick it individually.

On Pandora you save a station by artist, by genre or whatever. Pandora seems more consistent in choosing appropriate music for what you select (be it an artist station, genre or whatever).

Also, last.fm's website is very confusing. Even just finding your own library there can be a chore and you cant' always add to it easily (depending where you are on the website). Pandora's site is slick and easy.

Slacker I'm still not sure about, but doesn't seem as configurable as either pandora or last.fm.

I'd rank them:

1. Pandora

2. last.fm

3. Slacker

MeSue
2009-10-04, 09:09
What? No Pandora?

That's funny. I have always wondered why Pandora seems to get all the love. I have a Pandora account but I have not used it in a long time. When I used it, it seemed like it was always playing the same songs. My husband felt the same way when he used it. If I want to hear the same mainstream radio songs over and over, I have FM for that!

Slacker seems more configurable. I can get my Slacker stations tweaked so that I almost never have to use the skip.

Last.FM I like for recommendations or listening to friends' libraries.

To each his own... I'm glad we have so many options!

toby10
2009-10-04, 13:19
..... last.fm doesn't let you save a station by genre. So everytime I want a genre (not just a stream based on my library of favorite artists) I have to pick it individually.......

There is a simple workaround for this: Just save any Last.fm station as a Favorite in SC/SBS. You can save as many as you wish.

Further organization idea for Genre specific streams: Create a Favorite Folder called My Stations (or whatever you wish), create folders within this main folder for Genre's (or, again, how ever you wish to organize them), then simply drag & drop your Last.fm saved Favorite station into the appropriate folder.

I do this with all my Music Services (Pandora, Last.fm, Slacker) as I prefer such Genre stations bunched together by folder. Add in a few other related stations from Sky, DI, Soma, RadioIO, and numerous other individual stream stations and you have a plethora of choices all pre-organized.

eap
2009-10-04, 14:55
There is a simple workaround for this: Just save any Last.fm station as a Favorite in SC/SBS. You can save as many as you wish.

Further organization idea for Genre specific streams: Create a Favorite Folder called My Stations (or whatever you wish), create folders within this main folder for Genre's (or, again, how ever you wish to organize them), then simply drag & drop your Last.fm saved Favorite station into the appropriate folder.

I do this with all my Music Services (Pandora, Last.fm, Slacker) as I prefer such Genre stations bunched together by folder. Add in a few other related stations from Sky, DI, Soma, RadioIO, and numerous other individual stream stations and you have a plethora of choices all pre-organized.

I see no way to save a playing last.fm "station" as a favorite using the duet controller. There is no save to favorite option when you press the + button when playing a genre.

Ikabob
2009-10-04, 17:22
Where are the instructions for making and using folders ? Is this only possible with SBS or can you save to a folder while on msb.com?...no pc on?

eap
2009-10-04, 17:28
Where are the instructions for making and using folders ? Is this only possible with SBS or can you save to a folder while on msb.com?...no pc on?

He's talking about making folders under favorites on squeezebox server running on your computer.

Ikabob
2009-10-04, 19:36
Oh...ok....so you can make folders on SBS? How do you add lists to them also? Thanks.

toby10
2009-10-05, 03:43
I see no way to save a playing last.fm "station" as a favorite using the duet controller. There is no save to favorite option when you press the + button when playing a genre.

Yes, this is why I suggested to do so on SC/SBS, the web UI, not on your Controller. :)

eap
2009-10-05, 04:03
Yes, this is why I suggested to do so on SC/SBS, the web UI, not on your Controller. :)

Right - but the whole point of the duet is remote control. I rarely use the web UI. I want to do everything from the controller.

toby10
2009-10-05, 04:13
Creating Folders and Sub-Folders within Favorites
- Open SC/SBS server web UI
- Click Favorites
>>>>>• scroll to bottom of Favorites, if you see “New Folder” as an option you are correctly in EDIT mode, skip to step “EDIT MODE” below
>>>>>• if you do NOT see “New Folder” as an option, continue from this point
- Click on the text of any song or station or folder within Favorites
- Look in upper left corner, you should see a menu structure layout like: Home > Favorites > *song*
- Click on Favorites from above menu structure
- You should now be in EDIT mode and you should see “New Folder” as an option

EDIT MODE
- Click on New Folder, name the folder, click Save
- Create Folders as needed
- From inside a Folder you can create a Sub-Folder by again clicking “New Folder”
- You can Drag & Drop saved Favorites into the Folder of your choice
- You can rearrange the order of Favorites and Folders

Why the funky way to get into Edit Mode (over drill into menu items then back out)? Dunno for sure, but my guess is to help prevent accidental editing and deletions while working in SC/SBS web UI. Or, maybe there is a more intuitive way to get into Edit Mode and I’m not doing it right. :) I can only share how *I* do it. Personally I think there should be an EDIT button on the main web UI screen to turn on and off this function.

toby10
2009-10-05, 04:18
Right - but the whole point of the duet is remote control. I rarely use the web UI. I want to do everything from the controller.

Yeah, can't help you there. :(

mherger
2009-10-05, 04:32
> Yeah, can't help you there. :(

You can: please file a bug report ;-)

toby10
2009-10-05, 04:41
> Yeah, can't help you there. :(

You can: please file a bug report ;-)

True. :)

But having no experience myself with SBC I'm not sure I'm the one to properly describe and file such a bug.