PDA

View Full Version : Playing Purchased Itunes files, worked, now not working..

jm-baker
2009-10-03, 11:06
Something strange has happened.

I have some (Purchased AAC Files), yesterday they added to my library and played ok.

Today i did a complete refresh on my library as i have done some sorting in my music folders.

They are bought into the library ok, and they play, as far as the timer is counting, but no sound.

All other files seem ok. It just no sound from there purchased files.

Any ideas please.

jm-baker
2009-10-03, 11:31
Just noticed also, when i select one of those tracks it gives a loud pop from the speakers immediately and that is all....

Rich2211
2009-10-03, 16:03
Try clearing and then rescanning your library.

Also, since you say they played before, I'm assuming these are DRM free tracks? If not, you are SOL, as SB won't play DRM protected songs.

Phil Leigh
2009-10-04, 02:11
If you have been moving folders around,, a second clear & rescan is probably required...

jm-baker
2009-10-04, 09:11
Thanks for the reply guys ! i have tried a clear and re-scan, still no luck. It must be finding the files OK, i wondered if it is the conversion that is the trouble. Does mov123 use quicktime? i have that installed, so if it does it should work....

Im stuck for ideas. I tried installing LAME, still no luck.

Matt Wise
2009-10-04, 18:50
Thanks for the reply guys ! i have tried a clear and re-scan, still no luck. It must be finding the files OK, i wondered if it is the conversion that is the trouble. Does mov123 use quicktime? i have that installed, so if it does it should work....

Im stuck for ideas. I tried installing LAME, still no luck.

It looks (based on another thread) that there might be problems with .m4a files. I assume theses are not .m4p (protected) files, but they are "iTunes Plus" files that have no DRM, correct?