PDA

View Full Version : Internet radio access from MyApps, not through registered account?

OppfinnarJocke
2009-10-03, 03:38
I have a SundPass account on RadioIO (www.radioio.com) which should give me commercial free broadcasting. My account is registered in MSB (see attachement) but still, when selecting RadioIO channels from MyApp I get commercials. As far as I remember, this was not the case with SN 7.3.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Anyone know what to do?

OppfinnarJocke
2009-10-03, 03:49
In addition, now I get "CAnnot request non-HTTP URL" message when clicking the "Now Playing" screen to get "More Info". In addition, no RadioIO icon is showing, only the default radio transmitter... The RadioIO icon shows briefly when the SB buffers the stream, but the icon then disappears.

This 7.4 upgrade sure has wreaked havoc on my system!

WustrowO
2009-10-03, 04:18
You should keep in mind that Radioio is messing up, too. They made some weird changes on their websites. My login did't work anymore and they sent me a new password by mail on my request (which I can't change for the moment!). They are changing their soundpass model to 4 different kinds of subscriptions. Perhaps that's the reason of your problems - and not Logitech's fault on this...

OppfinnarJocke
2009-10-03, 04:48
You should keep in mind that Radioio is messing up, too. They made some weird changes on their websites. My login did't work anymore and they sent me a new password by mail on my request (which I can't change for the moment!). They are changing their soundpass model to 4 different kinds of subscriptions. Perhaps that's the reason of your problems - and not Logitech's fault on this...

Yes, so I realized. I had to request a new password also, they're totally messing things up at that end. I cannot change the password they sent me, and all they say is that "Full account services will return shortly" *sigh*

I guess my real problem is how to update the account info at MSB with the new password. There seems to be no way to do that. All I can do is remove the account, but I don't dare do that since I don't know if I can re-enter it... Have you tried?

toby10
2009-10-03, 05:03
I guess my real problem is how to update the account info at MSB with the new password. There seems to be no way to do that. All I can do is remove the account, but I don't dare do that since I don't know if I can re-enter it... Have you tried?

I think that is your only choice, there is no way to "edit" membership services login info.
Besides, even if deleting the account and entering a new one does not get you your "premium" services, worst case is you will have exactly what you have now, RadioIO non-premium. :)

OppfinnarJocke
2009-10-03, 05:25
I think that is your only choice, there is no way to "edit" membership services login info.
Besides, even if deleting the account and entering a new one does not get you your "premium" services, worst case is you will have exactly what you have now, RadioIO non-premium. :)

Yeah, I guess you're right. Strange though that there's no way to re-configure the entered account...

I'll work some courage and try it this evening. I don't remember how I did set this up the first time, but the RadioIO help says, under the heading "How do I use the Logitech Family of products with my SoundPass?" that I need to have my player PIN. Of course, everything on the RadioIO help concerning this is totally inaccurate, since it deals with SN 7.3. But anyway, does anyone have any ideas about how to nowadays find the controller PIN?

WustrowO
2009-10-03, 06:05
Yesterday I've managed to update the account info for Radioio on mysqueezebox - by entering the old account name (not the e-email-address as newly required on Radioio's site) together with the new password - it seems to work properly now.

toby10
2009-10-03, 06:09
I don't think you would need the PIN again if you are just changing your password on your RadioIO SoundPass login, your player is already registered with RadioIO.
I'd just change the password on the RadioIO site, delete the current RadioIO account within MySB, then create a RadioIO account on MySB with the new RadioIO login info.

WustrowO
2009-10-03, 06:19
As mentioned above, you CAN'T change your RadioIo password at the moment. It's a RadioIo problem. Unfortunately now blended with the Logitech update mess...

OppfinnarJocke
2009-10-03, 07:47
OK, I deleted the RadioIO account registered with MSB, and reentered it with the new pwrd supplied by RadioIO. Now I seem to get the premium stream, at least my Duet controller reports 192kbps! And I've yet to hear any commercials...

Great!

I still don't see the RadioIO logo on the controller screen, though, it only flashes by when the Duet is buffering the stream, but I can live without that.

Yes, that both Squeezebox and RadioIO update their sites at the same time, and, it seems, equally clumsily, is unfortunate. I can't understand what's with these people that decide to roll out half-baked updates.

EDIT: And now again... when clicking the Now Playing screen I get the "Cannot request non-HTTP URL" message"...

toby10
2009-10-03, 08:42
Now it would be REALLY ironic if you were still getting the non-premium RadioIO streams with commercials, where you hear a commercial for the Logitech SB players!! :):):)

OppfinnarJocke
2009-10-03, 09:55
now it would be really ironic if you were still getting the non-premium radioio streams with commercials, where you hear a commercial for the logitech sb players!! :):):)

*lol* :)

Javert
2009-10-04, 03:24
I've been having these problems as well.

Radioio seems to be totally messed up at the moment. I can't access any of the streams and even their website is unavailable.

J.

WustrowO
2009-10-04, 04:19
Just took a look at RadioIo.com. I could open the site but they are showing a banner info confirming DNS problems. The new site is supposed to start on Monday.

I bet there will be new problems due to the changed subscription model. And I fear there will be no 192k-streams for former "Soundpass" users (they'll probably be degraded to 128k). But hope dies last...

It's a shame that they not sending decent information to their subscripted users :( Reminds me of another company doing some changes recently ;)

OppfinnarJocke
2009-10-04, 05:05
I fear there will be no 192k-streams for former "Soundpass" users (they'll probably be degraded to 128k)

At the moment I do get the 192 kbps stream, so my hope lives on...