PDA

View Full Version : Can my Duet Controller also control the Radio?

iisfaq
2009-10-02, 22:06
Pretty Plain and simple question:

Can my Duet Controller also control the SqueeseBox Radio?

Chris

finnbrodersen
2009-10-02, 22:08
yes

iisfaq
2009-10-02, 22:49
yes

Great

funkstar
2009-10-03, 04:45
Great
And a longer answer in case you are wondering:

The Controller can control any and all of the current and previous players

(details here: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/HardwareComparison)

The Controller interfaces with either Squeezebox Server (formerly called Squeezecenter) or MySqueezebox.com (formerly SqueezeNetwork) not with the player directly. This means that anything supported by SbS is supported by the Controller.

It is pretty cool to still be able to use an original SliMP3 with a Controller running the latest software :)

toby10
2009-10-03, 04:53
.....and the Radio can control your other players. :)

How much it does so compared to the Controller I cannot say as I've never owned a SBC.

funkstar
2009-10-03, 05:11
.....and the Radio can control your other players. :)

How much it does so compared to the Controller I cannot say as I've never owned a SBC.
Forgot about that :)

It's the same software really, so it should do everything. I think the only thing missing at the moment (although I haven't tried it, and am not at home to do so) is set up a Receiver. But I believe this may be on the cards. I know it is for the Touch, so with two out of three SqueezeOS units able to configure a Receiver it would make sense if the third could as well.

bluegaspode
2009-10-03, 05:14
This is especially interesting, as when you wake up and sneak to the living room, you can kindly turn on the radio on the bedside of your wife if you think its time to wake up.

Beware of children having access to the controller, though ...

:)

gweempose
2009-10-03, 17:33
This morning I was downstairs in the kitchen when I heard a thumping sound. I soon realized that the alarm on the Boom in my bedroom had gone off, and it was blasting music. I was about to head upstairs to turn it off when I remembered I could simply do it from the controller in the kitchen. You gotta love networked audio! :)