Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Club1820
    • Apr 2007

How to add Playlist as Favorite?

Ok. So I upgraded to 7.4 and sure enough all of my favorites were gone. Not such a big deal as most of them were radio stations that I was able to save again easily.

But I also have some SQL Playlists saved as favorites. The playlists are still there but I dont remember how I was able to save them as favorites. I tried both through the WEB GUI and Squeezeplay. Couldnt find anything to save them.

I think (?) I may have saved them through my boombox. I cant test since I am at work right now. But is there a way to save a currently playing playlist as a favorite? Either through a player (boom, sb3, etc) or through the WEB GUI?

Thanks in advance!!
    Rotel RSP-1068, Rotel 1060 DVD, Rotel RCC-1055, Rotel 1095 Amp, Rotel 956 Amp, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Rotel RX-1052, Rotel RCC-1055, Klipsch CF-1s, Audiosource Sub, Squeezebox 3

Squeezebox "Bedroom" Boom, Controller
    http://www.last.fm/user/Club1820/
  • Club1820
    • Apr 2007

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sorry, I'm from Chi-Town.

Someone must know how to save a currently playing playlist to Favorites? Or a SQL playlist to Favorites. ??

Thanks.
    Rotel RSP-1068, Rotel 1060 DVD, Rotel RCC-1055, Rotel 1095 Amp, Rotel 956 Amp, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• kidstypike
      • Feb 2007

In the GUI: Left hand pane, click on Playlists.
      Point at the playlist you wish to save as a favorite.
      Click on the heart icon.

From Boom: Music Library > Playlists > playlistname > press right arrow > press up arrow > press right to save as a favorite.

From controller: My music > Playlists > centre button > scroll to playlistname > centre button > scroll to 'Save To Favorites' > centre button > scroll to 'Add playlistname' > centre button.
      Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
      Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
      Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
      Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• Club1820
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by kidstypike
        In the GUI: Left hand pane, click on Playlists.
        Point at the playlist you wish to save as a favorite.
        Click on the heart icon.

From Boom: Music Library > Playlists > playlistname > press right arrow > press up arrow > press right to save as a favorite.

From controller: My music > Playlists > centre button > scroll to playlistname > centre button > scroll to 'Save To Favorites' > centre button > scroll to 'Add playlistname' > centre button.
        Thanks for the response!!!!

I am at work right now, so I will try the Boom & Controller Suggestion when I get home. But I also already tried the GUI suggestion. Yes, you are correct - you can add playlists as favorites with this method. But the playlists I am trying to save as favorites are SQL playlists that I created and they dont appear under Playlists on the GUI.

They are listed under:

Extras\SQL\

Here, you don't have the Heart Icon and the option to save them as Favorites. So unless something changed with 7.4(?).

I am at a lost as to how I was able to save them previously in 7.3 as favorites.

I will try the boom & controller suggestions later this evening. But I'm thinking they wont show up there as playlists either. (?).

Thanks again!

Comment

• MeSue
          • Jul 2005

I don't remember how it was in 7.3, but I just did some poking around and it looks like if you add your SQL playlist to a group, then that group will show under Dynamic Playlists, and then it will have the heart icon for adding to favorites. Not sure if this is the best way, but hopefully it will work for you.
          Sue
          "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
          Logitech Media Server 8.1 on Windows 10 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
          Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
          My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Comment

• Club1820
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MeSue
            I don't remember how it was in 7.3, but I just did some poking around and it looks like if you add your SQL playlist to a group, then that group will show under Dynamic Playlists, and then it will have the heart icon for adding to favorites. Not sure if this is the best way, but hopefully it will work for you.
            Sounds like a plan! Thanks. I will try that and report back.

Comment

• Club1820
              • Apr 2007

YEP! That worked!

Actually, all of my SQL playlists were already grouped under RANDOM. That may well have been how I got them there (favorites) in the first place (?). Since I really dont remember and it was a long time ago.

Thanks again!, - as these Random Playlists were really the only way I listened to my music and I was lost without them.

Comment

Working...