PDA

View Full Version : Where's "Music source" gone ?

swayzak
2009-10-01, 13:46
Hi

I used to be able to choose the music source quickly - either SN or SC.

Can't see this anymore - has it disappeared or am I just not looking hard enough ?

Anoop M.
2009-10-01, 13:58
It has changed.

We have taken out that option to make things a bit more seamless.

If you go to My Music..you will be able to select and connect to your server.

If you then turn your server off you will automatically connect to MySqueezebox.com.

If you really want to do it manually while connected to your server, on the Controller go to Settings-->Advanced-->Networking-->Switch to mysqueezebox.com

swayzak
2009-10-01, 14:04
It has changed.

If you then turn your server off you will automatically connect to MySqueezebox.com.

If you really want to do it manually while connected to your server, on the Controller go to Settings-->Advanced-->Networking-->Switch to mysqueezebox.com

Thanks

Although (as posted elsewhere), my MP3Tunes doesn't appear as a Library via MySB.com. No libraries listed at all in the My Music screen.

I have noticed MP3Tunes as an "App" though so I'm going to try the manual switch to MySB.com and see if I can connect to it that way...

swayzak
2009-10-01, 14:21
Right, changed manually and am now using MP3Tunes successfully ...

Although the PC is still on so I'm assuming I'm on MySB.com rather than SS ?

I'm inferring this from the fact that the option to change to MySB.com has disappeared from the "Networking" menu ... ?

It would be nice to have a simpler way to tell which source you are using.

swayzak

Lefatshe
2009-10-02, 08:24
It has changed.

I like the idea of automatically being directed to mysqueezebox (MS) if I turn off my server.

However, when in mysqueezebox.com, I'm not able to see or select my server from My Music. I would be very pleased if it were possible. From mysqueezebox.com, I've downloaded and reinstalled Squeezebox Server (SS) twice, and it hasn't made the seamless link between MS and SS. (In fact, I lost Favorites on the SS side.) When I connect to SS I can access and play music from my server (library scanning was seamless). But I am still manually switching between MS and SS.

Another point about the web ui for mysqueezebox. It now makes me go through 2 windows to allow me any control of music source. Why isn't the web ui Home page for mysqueezebox fully functional for selecting music source? I can't even bookmark the Remote Control window. Why?

petrkupka
2009-10-05, 06:37
I can not switch to mysqueeze.com when my PC is power off. I have only 4 items in menu, I can not change my SB receiver and I canīt go to net via Setting - Advanced - Networking
Does anybody know why? Thanks.

Philip Meyer
2009-10-05, 07:31
It would be nice to have a simpler way to tell which source you are using.

Create a favorite on each source called "This server is <name>". Move it to the top of your favorites.

Then you can tell what source you are connected to, because each server has its own list of favorites.

Yeah, it's a naff solution ;-)

Philip Meyer
2009-10-05, 07:41
It has changed.

That seems to be in conflict to what was said here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=466979#post466979

If I turn off my local server, it won't automatically connect to MySqueezebox.com - instead the next time I try to do something, it will ask if I want to switch to MySqueezebox.com?

Rob van der Does
2009-10-05, 08:55
It has changed.

Good idea: a pity it does not work. As many other posters, I can't revert to MySB, no way (except by executing a factoryreset, which I have done many times now!).

Rob van der Does
2009-10-05, 08:59
I can not switch to mysqueeze.com when my PC is power off. I have only 4 items in menu, I can not change my SB receiver and I canīt go to net via Setting - Advanced - Networking
Same problem here and many other users as well. Except for a temporarily solution (factoryreset) the problem can only be solved by Logitech. Really a shame an important issue like this occurs for days without an update or work-around suggested by Logitech!

dexter
2009-10-05, 16:27
It has changed.

This is not working for me. "Switch to mysqueezebox.com" gives me the bump and does nothing. Do I have to set my squeezenetwork account information again somewhere? I haven't tried to access mysqueezenetwork since upgrading to 7.4.

Rob van der Does
2009-10-06, 06:10
This is not working for me. "Switch to mysqueezebox.com" gives me the bump and does nothing.
That is the problem many of us have: connecting is unreliable instead of the claimed "Seamless"!

Do I have to set my squeezenetwork account information again somewhere? I haven't tried to access mysqueezenetwork since upgrading to 7.4.
No, but try to log in once so you are sure the account is still valid.

kc5f
2009-10-06, 07:32
I had used 7.4 without problems and then yesterday had the blue light on the SBR with the same symptoms shown above. A factory reset and then power cycle on the controller and everything is back to normal.

dexter
2009-10-06, 14:57
No, but try to log in once so you are sure the account is still valid.

I can log into my account through my web browser so my account seems fine. I guess I'll try a factory reset, not in the mood for that now... I'll let you know if that helps.

Thank you

dexter
2009-10-06, 18:21
I had used 7.4 without problems and then yesterday had the blue light on the SBR with the same symptoms shown above. A factory reset and then power cycle on the controller and everything is back to normal.

OK so I had to do a factory reset this evening anyway because of another problem. The factory reset itself did not fix the mysqueezenetwork problem, so I power cycled as kc5f described and now I can switch to mysqueezenetwork and back to my library as it is supposed to.

Thank you!

When I shut dowm my PC I'll see if it will automatically connect to mysqueezenetwork like the new upgrade is supposed to do.