PDA

View Full Version : Add a new player to Mysqueezebox.com

albertone74
2009-10-01, 05:58
Hi there,
Does anyone know how to add a new player in Mysqueezebox.com web interface?
I just downloaded the new Squuezebox Server Software and then I logged in Mysqueezebox.com but I couldn't find the option "add player".
I do remember that it was possible before when I was using Squeezenetwork.com as I was able to insert the PIN of the new player.
Many thanks in advance for your kind help.
Albertone74

toby10
2009-10-01, 06:55
Try connecting your player to your local Squeeze Server program.
Make sure your MySB login info is entered in that server program via Settings > MySqueezeBox.com
This should register your player automatically onto MySB.com
Might have to stop and restart your server program first.

albertone74
2009-10-01, 07:23
Hi toby10,
Many thanks for your replay. I will try tonight as soon as I get home.
I will let you know how it goes.
thanks again
Albertone74

BastiaanR
2009-10-01, 09:24
I seem to remember reading somewhere that 7.4 and the new MySqueezebox.com website no longer uses a PIN to register? I guess that means its just a case of going through the setup with the device in question, and when asked by your SB enter your account's username/password...

toby10
2009-10-01, 12:57
I seem to remember reading somewhere that 7.4 and the new MySqueezebox.com website no longer uses a PIN to register? I guess that means its just a case of going through the setup with the device in question, and when asked by your SB enter your account's username/password...

Yes, but I don't know if the PIN is still required for older players. It is not required for Radio and Touch.
That said, both Radio and Touch did show me their respective PIN's when first connecting.
Any player registered with the old SN *should* be automatically migrated onto MySB now.

albertone74
2009-10-01, 13:43
Hi guys,
I just tried and everything went well!!!The new controller and my ipod touch (I am using Ipeng 1.2) have been recognised automatically.Apparently there is no need to enter the PIN anymore.
Thanks again for your help.
Albertone74