PDA

View Full Version : How do I go back to a previous version?

akjohnson
2009-10-01, 00:13
Having upgraded to v7.4 (& firmware v130) I would love to be able to rollback to the previous version so that my remote and screen saver will work. Is there any way of doing this?
Are the earlier versions of Squeezecentre available anywhere?

Thanks for any advice.

toby10
2009-10-01, 04:57
http://downloads.slimdevices.com/

Tip/Suggestion (applies to ANY software driven device, not just SB players):
I always keep previous .exe zip versions of any/all programs including SC versions.... just in case. :)
They take up very little space. Once a year I go through and delete the really old ones.

akjohnson
2009-10-01, 08:35
Thanks for that..job done and back to 7.3.4...and all works again! (and file saved!)

ChrisOwens
2009-10-01, 09:51
What is the problem you are having that made you go back? I'd like to get this bug fixed in the 7.4.1 release.

I've opened bug 14485 to keep track of this issue. https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14485

akjohnson
2009-10-01, 13:29
I've added a comment to your bugzilla. Basically after upgrade remote wouldn't work, screen display when off was blank instead of showing time and date and the remote section in Squeezecentre/settings/player wouldn't load. All of these have been solved on rolling back.

Benefactor
2009-10-01, 15:09
I had more freezes and problems streaming music in the last 24 hours (after installing 7.4) then I have had in the last year. Problems were the entire interface freezing on me when navigating my music folder (required a reboot), and the inability to complete a full scan (which I was able to do with previous versions of the firmware).

I too, rolled back to 7.3...and everything seems to work smoothly again (although I lost all my favorites and settings in the process).

I'll wait for another build and try again at some point.

Thanks for making these awesome hardware products though...the issues with 7.4 I experienced have not changed my opinion of the squeezebox experience in the least.