PDA

View Full Version : trackstat restore

ae67
2009-09-30, 02:18
After upgrading to 7.4 und installing trackstat 2.9, I tried to restore my trackstat data from a backup using "restore from backup" in the web interface.
Restore starts and the progress bar moves, but after around half of the process, the restore stops and a no connection webpage is shown. And nothing is restored. It looks like a timeout. The backup size is 5 MB.

Is there a way to change the timeout or another way to restore the trackstat data form 7.3.3 in 7.4?

erland
2009-09-30, 09:10
Restore starts and the progress bar moves, but after around half of the process, the restore stops and a no connection webpage is shown. And nothing is restored. It looks like a timeout. The backup size is 5 MB.

Progress bar ? Is there a progres bara somewhere in TrackStat ?
Either my memory is starting to get really bad or you are looking at something else then TrackStat.

Could you describe exactly how you perform the restore, what menus do you enter and what are the attribute values and what buttons to you click ?

There are two ways to perform a restore as far as I know:
- From the TrackStat settings menu where you will only see the progress in the server.log file. There will be one entry in the beginning that indicates which file it tries to restore and one entry at the end when the restore is finished.
- From the Custom Scan interface if you have Custom Scan installed. In this case you can see directly in the Custom Scan settings interface when the restore is finished.

There aren't any progress bars involved in any of the solutions as far as I know.

noguru
2009-10-01, 03:39
I am also having problems with restore (although no progress bar). I have located daily backups of trakstat data. These look OK in text editor. When attempting to restore from backup file I get egg timer for a while, then "Oops this link appears to be broken" I am using Google Chrome as browser by the way.
Have tried this several times with different backup files but always with same result.

ae67
2009-10-01, 04:30
Progress bar was the wrong word. Meant was the loading bar of the browser. It runs for a minute and then the typical page not found webpage appears.

Btw it works now. Reinstalled the plugin, rebooted the computer and used an older backup, one of this did it.
Thanks for your help.

noguru
2009-10-01, 10:44
Unfortunately I still have the problem. Every time I try to restore I get web page no available. Further details gives the following message -
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.
Any suggestions, I really can't face having to re rate 1000's of tracks.

Noguru

erland
2009-10-01, 21:56
Unfortunately I still have the problem. Every time I try to restore I get web page no available. Further details gives the following message -
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.
Any suggestions, I really can't face having to re rate 1000's of tracks.

Noguru

Is there anything special with your setup ?
What web browser ? What skin are you using ? Anything else ?

Do you get any errors in the server.log file which you can reach from the Squeezebox Server settings page Advanced/Logging ?

noguru
2009-10-02, 04:11
Hi Erland
Thanks for responding to my post.
The only thing that may unusual is that I use Google Chrome as my browser. Other possible factors are that I use windows XP and AVG for viruse protection. I was not even aware of skins so assume mine is the default.
Log show a whole series of this type of thing:

[09-10-01 23:17:10.1876] Plugins::TrackStat::Storage::addToHistory (791) No matching alternative path found for file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mike/My%20Documents/My%20Music/Billboard%20Top%20100%20Of%201967/Buffalo%20Springfield/For%20What%20It%27s%20Worth.mp3.

I guess this is connected to my attempts to restore lost Trakstat data.

After this is
[09-10-01 23:17:51.5939] Plugins::TrackStat::Backup::File::doneScanning (230) Restore completed at 2009-10-01 23:17:51

Thanks Noguru

noguru
2009-10-05, 12:22
Still banging my head against a brick wall with this. Any one any suggestions. I can't see where trakstat data is stored. Error log seems to suggest to me that the location no longer exists so restore is not possible.

Noguru

noguru
2009-10-06, 02:15
Not even sure how it happened, but after a reinstall of 7.4 now seem to have Trakstat stats restored.
Thanks to everyone who offered help.
Now just need to work out why Squeezebox server is taking up to an hour to start up.

Noguru

erland
2009-10-06, 09:47
Now just need to work out why Squeezebox server is taking up to an hour to start up.

It's probably caused by TrackStat (or possibly Custom Scan) plugin if you have that installed.