PDA

View Full Version : Ship date?

bruce
2009-09-29, 22:26
Anyone know why, if you order a Radio today, late at night on September 29, you are informed that you are placing a pre-order that won't ship until September 28? If shipment has been delayed, they should just say so....

pfarrell
2009-09-29, 23:09
bruce wrote:
> Anyone know why, if you order a Radio today

I do not know, I'm a customer. But the engineers are drinking beer and
getting some early sleep, because they say "it is shipped".

This may mean that it will take a few days to flow through the
distribution channels before it gets to your local BestBuy or Internet
retailer.

Methinks that some folks had a serious "Q3 2009" deadline to get it out.

What delays your local retailer adds is another story.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/

bruce
2009-09-29, 23:12
I failed to mention that I ordered it from Logitech!

gfuchs
2009-09-30, 06:13
Logitech and Amazon both still say pre-order.

vw195
2009-09-30, 08:34
Showing up as in stock at Logitech store...

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/devices/5847&cl=us,en

mparry
2009-09-30, 09:26
The radios were not released from our dc's until yesterday morning. They were held at the dc's until the software was ready to go.
Orders placed on www.logitech.com and Amazon.com should start shipping today.
Our site www.logitechsqueezebox.com will receive our initial shipment tomorrow and will begin shipping our pre-orders. We will be upgrading the shipping for everyone who pre ordered.
Once we have units in our warehouse I will remove the pre-order status from Radio.
Believe me we are all as anxious as you are to get these units out the door.

vw195
2009-09-30, 10:52
The radios were not released from our dc's until yesterday morning. They were held at the dc's until the software was ready to go.
Our site www.logitechsqueezebox.com will receive our initial shipment tomorrow and will begin shipping our pre-orders. We will be upgrading the shipping for everyone who pre ordered.
Once we have units in our warehouse I will remove the pre-order status from Radio.

Hope you are correct as far as Amazon goes. I upped the shipping to next day, so if Amazon gets on the ball in the next few hours I could have it by tomorrow !!! (need to work on my patience)

bruce
2009-09-30, 16:13
Thanks for the info. When you say you will "begin" shipping preorders, roughly how long will it take to fill all the preorders?

gweempose
2009-09-30, 19:03
Out of curiosity, were there enough of them made to fill all the pre-orders? The reason I ask is because I ordered mine from Amazon just a couple of days ago. Clearly, this puts me pretty far down the queue.

bruce
2009-09-30, 20:04
The Squeezebox website now says you can pre-order for shipment on October 1.

Hey Logitech, I know you're working hard and I'm sure 99% of us don't mind waiting an extra few days or even weeks for the Radio. But it would be good customer service to email people who pre-ordered telling them that shipment is delayed by a few days. We shouldn't have to monitor the website or these forums to learn of the delay.

micah
2009-10-01, 03:47
still no status update from amazon. darn. was really hoping to have it by the weekend.

megabyte0469
2009-10-01, 03:51
still no status update from amazon. darn. was really hoping to have it by the weekend.

@micah
you are a lucky user. in germany is the new release date for the squeezebox radio oktober 15........
:-((((((((((

gfuchs
2009-10-01, 04:48
(need to work on my patience)

God, grant me patience, and I want it now!

vw195
2009-10-01, 05:26
Well the way I see it we have approximately 10 hours for Amazon to list it to get the next day shipping. Get on the ball Amazon!

Oh and sorry about the wait for Germany :(

bobpenn
2009-10-01, 07:00
Had an order on Amazon and canceled it when I heard that Logitech is listing today as the ship date. But their one day shipping is over $40 while my Amazon Prime one day is $3.99! So repurchased via Amazon.

vw195
2009-10-01, 07:15
Had an order on Amazon and canceled it when I heard that Logitech is listing today as the ship date. But their one day shipping is over $40 while my Amazon Prime one day is $3.99! So repurchased via Amazon.

Yea i would cancel my order via Az and buy via logitech if they would ship it today and give me free 1 day shipping.

toby10
2009-10-01, 13:07
Yea i would cancel my order via Az and buy via logitech if they would ship it today and give me free 1 day shipping.

They are doing so for those that pre-ordered via Logitech site.
Little late now for that. :(

mparry
2009-10-01, 14:18
we are still offering the free shipping upgrade.

mparry
2009-10-01, 14:25
We have just shipped the first 18 orders from www.logitechsqueezebox.com. Unfortunately we only received 18 units today.
I will let everyone know about our next shipment as soon as I find out.

simsboard
2009-10-01, 14:41
we are still offering the free shipping upgrade.

that sounds good!
ordered the radio a few days ago but the total price I have to pay also includes appr. 10,- shipping
what do I have to do to upgrade to a free shipping? is the free shipping restricted to dedicated areas/countries? how about austria where I am wainting patiently for my device!

thanks!
simsboard

gfuchs
2009-10-01, 14:56
18 whole units!
Wow that's underwelming.
Did you guys kinda underestimate the demand?

mparry
2009-10-01, 15:03
that sounds good!
ordered the radio a few days ago but the total price I have to pay also includes appr. 10,- € shipping
what do I have to do to upgrade to a free shipping? is the free shipping restricted to dedicated areas/countries? how about austria where I am wainting patiently for my device!

thanks!
simsboard

ARGGGGHHH I forgot to add our www.logitech squeezebox.com site only supplies the Americas and some parts of Asia. We are unable to ship to Austria(all of Europe actually).
Before everyone flames me please understand I do not make all these decisions and I am only trying to help provide as much information as possible.

mparry
2009-10-01, 15:04
18 whole units!
Wow that's underwelming.
Did you guys kinda underestimate the demand?
We have more units coming.
Lots of demand from many different people,web sites, retail stores etc means getting our initial supply has been hard.

vw195
2009-10-01, 15:30
We have more units coming.
Lots of demand from many different people,web sites, retail stores etc means getting our initial supply has been hard.

I can't speak for others but the thing that frustrates me is that Amazon always releases first day, and I just don't understand why they still say pre-order. Bestbuy doesn't have them in their system either, so I am at a loss where they all are. Oh well, hopefully in a few days I will have one. Of course if Amazon puts it on the system in the next 53 mins I can still get it tomorrow

iPhone
2009-10-01, 15:38
..... so I am at a loss where they all are.....

Ask Tony and Christopher, they probably jacked the load.

gweempose
2009-10-01, 15:54
18 whole units!
Wow that's underwelming.
Did you guys kinda underestimate the demand?LMAO! You just made my day with that one. :)

jw111
2009-10-01, 20:48
I guess that I am one of the lucky 18 because I received a tracking number for my unit which shipped today (October 1) but UPS lists it as having shipped ground with expected arrival date on Monday. Were all the US orders upgraded to overnight?

bluegaspode
2009-10-02, 02:12
Just got an email from Amazon.de for my preorder:

expected date of delivery: November 3rd :( :( :(
Radio vanished from amazon.de in the meantime.

Come on - sending units from wherever in the world to germany shouldn't take more than three days ?
Where you overwhelmed by the preorders, that your production-line isn't ready ?

iPhone
2009-10-02, 06:45
Just got an email from Amazon.de for my preorder:

expected date of delivery: November 3rd :( :( :(
Radio vanished from amazon.de in the meantime.

Come on - sending units from wherever in the world to germany shouldn't take more than three days ?
Where you overwhelmed by the preorders, that your production-line isn't ready ?

It does if large numbers are being shipped in bulk by the most economical means. Also this is an Amazon issue and not mainly a Logitech issue isn't it? You don't think that Amazon gets an order for a Radio then sends an email to Mountain View then they send out your one unit?

Additionally did you think to order from the Logitech Main Site (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/devices/5847&cl=us,en) because they might have it first? Everybody knows that Logitech is going to have them first. If one is in a hurry and just has to have one, then one should probably order straight from the source.

vw195
2009-10-02, 07:21
Everybody knows that Logitech is going to have them first. If one is in a hurry and just has to have one, then one should probably order straight from the source.

Thats a scary thought when they only got *18* of them :p

gfuchs
2009-10-02, 07:23
If one is in a hurry and just has to have one, then one should probably order straight from the source.

Unless more than 18 people want one. If they want the Touch out by Christmas maybe they should start shipping now. ;)

bluegaspode
2009-10-02, 07:53
You don't think that Amazon gets an order for a Radio then sends an email to Mountain View then they send out your one unit?

No - actually I expected that if logitech announces a worldwide release the stocks would have been filled before (Logitechs + Amazons).
For the Radio this shouldn't have been a problem as I guess the hardware was ready far before 28th Sep - I mean even Touches were sent out to resellers ?

That it needs a whole extra month to fill up Amazon.de's stocks is far above my expectations :(

iPhone
2009-10-02, 10:44
No - actually I expected that if logitech announces a worldwide release the stocks would have been filled before (Logitechs + Amazons).
For the Radio this shouldn't have been a problem as I guess the hardware was ready far before 28th Sep - I mean even Touches were sent out to resellers ?

That it needs a whole extra month to fill up Amazon.de's stocks is far above my expectations :(

But people in the Beta know that the Touch has been in the works much longer and is only waiting on Firmware and SBS to catch up to the hardware. So hardware is at the Sellers awaiting release of completed Firmware and SBS software. Radio started after Touch and it is my understanding that they are not piled up at sellers warehouses but just released on the 28th or 29th from the distribution centers to go out to the sellers warehouses. So if this is the case then Radio can't really be compared to Touch as far as who and where stock is at.

In fact demand is high enough that Logitech can't replace the PB1 Beta units that will not be working for very much longer due to hardware and firmware change differences from the final production units.

So it comes down to there probably aren't actually Radios in Amazons possession yet or they just got them.

iPhone
2009-10-02, 10:50
Unless more than 18 people want one. If they want the Touch out by Christmas maybe they should start shipping now. ;)

As for Touch they already shipped and are sitting at the Sellers awaiting Firmware and Software to catch up to the hardware so they can be released.

As for the 18, do they not have their Radio on the way already which was my point? If you want it first order from Mountain View. If one wants to save $5 then order from Amazon and wait. I can almost guarantee that a bunch more are going to be at Mountain View and the loading dock and shipping department are going to be very busy next week..

bluegaspode
2009-10-02, 11:45
If you want it first order from Mountain View. If one wants to save $5 then order from Amazon and wait.
You can't even preorder on the logitech-website if you select 'Germany' as country. All you get is the possibility to sign sort of a mailing list.

Very embarrasing - lets see when I get some new infos from logitech.

vw195
2009-10-02, 12:51
Well at least engadget got theirs. http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/02/logitech-squeezebox-radio-unboxing/ Woo I was worried about them. Meanwhile Amazon still says preorder.

SteveEast
2009-10-02, 13:31
I see that the Logitech site now has the red Radio as in stock, the black as out of stock. The Slim Devices site still has them both as pre-order, as does Amazon. No sign at all on Best Buy, Target, J&R, buy.com, Newegg...

Steve.

linvale
2009-10-02, 14:22
My preordered radio arrived today. From unpacking to playing took 10 minutes (5 of which were looking once again for my network password - I really should get organized) and another 2 to have my mysqueezebox.com password mailed (why can't I set this to something I can remember).
I had already upgraded to 7.4 - which so far I am finding to be absolutely the best release to date (my controller seems to have a new lease of life).
Great sound - great interface - delighted with this little box.

SteveEast
2009-10-02, 15:49
My preordered radio arrived today. From unpacking to playing took 10 minutes (5 of which were looking once again for my network password - I really should get organized) and another 2 to have my mysqueezebox.com password mailed (why can't I set this to something I can remember).
I had already upgraded to 7.4 - which so far I am finding to be absolutely the best release to date (my controller seems to have a new lease of life).
Great sound - great interface - delighted with this little box.

Congratulations!

Steve.

iPhone
2009-10-02, 19:06
You can't even preorder on the logitech-website if you select 'Germany' as country. All you get is the possibility to sign sort of a mailing list.

Very embarrasing - lets see when I get some new infos from logitech.

Are you using the main EU Logitech Site? Not Logitech Squeezebox dot com, but Logitech dot Com, then going to WiFi Players, then order a Radio?

I have a friend stationed in Germany that had not trouble at all. I don't know about Internet in Europe, but I don't think Internet at his duty station would show up as State side Internet would it?

iisfaq
2009-10-02, 23:25
I am traveling from New Zealand to the US in a tad under 1 Month for 7 days.

I was hoping to order one and have it delivered to the hotel while there.

This thread is making that sound sort of a no go almost.

I can't pre-order as I need to sent it to a hotel and a few days before or during my stay may be ok, but incase it turns up earlier or later is not an option for me.

I hope shipments start soon with Amazon so I can get one while in the US. Otherwise it is a waiting game until they arrive in New Zealand - probably 3-6 months knowing how things work here.

chris

bluegaspode
2009-10-03, 02:30
Are you using the main EU Logitech Site?
Yeah.
Regardless of whether you start from logitech.com or logitechsqueezebox.com you get to this site:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/wireless_music_systems/devices/5847&cl=de,de

There you have a button 'Preorder', but you then just get a popup:
"Thanks for you interest in Logitech-Products. We will inform you by e-mail when the product is available in our shop. Please fill in the needed information ..."
and you just leave an email-address.

toby10
2009-10-03, 04:46
I can't pre-order as I need to sent it to a hotel and a few days before or during my stay may be ok, but incase it turns up earlier or later is not an option for me........

Why would early be a problem? Have the hotel mgr place it in his/her office? I've done this numerous times on biz trips long before my actual arrival.
If it does not ship before your arrival date just cancel the pre-order.

radish
2009-10-03, 14:00
I am traveling from New Zealand to the US in a tad under 1 Month for 7 days.

I'm sure they'll be easily available in a month. Just wait until a couple of days before you travel and order from Amazon with next day shipping. No problem. You'll probably be able to walk into a Best Buy and pick one up too.

jay_cee_in_da_house
2009-10-05, 14:23
Still showing pre-order at both Logitech.com and Amazon.com. The wait is killin me!

gfuchs
2009-10-05, 15:13
Maybe we could get Michael Moore to do an investigative report on where the SB Radios are?
He could string crime scene tape around the SB office. Stand outside with a bull horn demanding to know where they are?
Maybe even a special guest appearance by Rep.Joe Wilson.
He could stand there shouting "You Lie!" to everything said.

SteveEast
2009-10-05, 15:52
Still showing pre-order at both Logitech.com and Amazon.com. The wait is killin me!

Yeah, just where DID these things end up?

Steve.

vw195
2009-10-05, 15:57

The logitech site has red ones in stock if you are interested. Just the logitech site. The logitech squeezebox site shows preorder. I dont understand why they have two different storefronts with the logical one still showing preorder. Amazon was supposed to get them launch day so I ALSO want to know where they went to?

bluegaspode
2009-10-05, 23:07
The logitech site has red ones in stock if you are interested. Just the logitech site.
And only in US it seems, in germany I still even can't find the red ones.

Sike
2009-10-05, 23:47
When the Duet was announced it took about 6 months for it to become availible over here in Switzerland....

There is probably a container somewhere on a ship moving slowly towards Europe or the US... Unless it has been captured by pirates that is...

Terje
2009-10-06, 04:31
Got two black ones in Norway today, ordered from Logitech here in Europe.

SteveEast
2009-10-06, 06:09
Amazon US still has the Radio marked as pre-order but my order has just changed status to shipping soon.

Stee (just lost the key between c and b.

vw195
2009-10-06, 06:34
Really? Mine still says not yet shipped. I ordered on 9/6

SteveEast
2009-10-06, 06:45
Yup. I ordered 3rd September so I guess I was at the front of the queue. My Touch is still marked as not yet shipped.

Stee.

Sike
2009-10-06, 07:12
Got two black ones in Norway today, ordered from Logitech here in Europe.

I just went to logitech.no and you can only preorder there.

The Swiss site won't even allow a preorder...

SteveEast
2009-10-06, 07:30
Just got the email from Amazon US saying my Radio shipped.

Stee.

Terje
2009-10-06, 08:37
I just went to logitech.no and you can only preorder there.

The Swiss site won't even allow a preorder...

I ordered mine from logitech.no on September 29th and it arrived today. Even on the 29th the site changed status all the time. Also on the Touch and the battery/remote pack also appeared that day without any pictures.

toby10
2009-10-06, 08:55
Yup. I ordered 3rd September so I guess I was at the front of the queue. My Touch is still marked as not yet shipped.

Stee.

Touch won't ship till Dec or Jan.

SteveEast
2009-10-06, 09:11
Touch won't ship till Dec or Jan.

Yeah, I was just comparing the wording difference - shipping soon against not yet shipped.

Stee.

vw195
2009-10-06, 09:16
Congrats on getting yours shipped :) I probably would have if I hadnt canceled an order for a red one and put in for a black one later.

Its kind of interesting that amazon still says preorder however.

gfuchs
2009-10-06, 09:29
It is strange that Amazon still says it has not been released.
Ordered mine Sept 3 while it was $179.

SteveEast
2009-10-06, 09:37

Same as me. Has yours been shipped?

Steve.

gfuchs
2009-10-06, 09:38
Nope.

micah
2009-10-06, 09:52

Ordered Sept. 8th for $199. Still no ship date from amazon. I'm beginning to think that the battery pack will ship before the actual radio.

iPhone
2009-10-06, 10:42
Amazon US still has the Radio marked as pre-order but my order has just changed status to shipping soon.

Stee (just lost the key between c and b.

Better get that Logitech keyboard and mouse on order before more keys go out! And if you hurry, maybe they can ship them together with the Radio.

vw195
2009-10-06, 14:15
Black one is in at logitech..thinking about just ordering it from them, ending this saga.

I wonder if the upgrade to next day shipping free option is still available? And if it is, is that from logitech.com or logitechsqueezebox.com?

SteveEast
2009-10-06, 15:24
Decisions, decisions...

Steve (got my v back).

morgan4x4
2009-10-07, 03:37
As of Wednesday morning, this is what you get when trying to order a Radio from the Logitech site.

"This product does not exist at Logitech Squeezebox Store. "

gdpeck
2009-10-07, 04:59
As of Wednesday morning, this is what you get when trying to order a Radio from the Logitech site.

I had it in my cart at the logitech store yesterday, and didn't finalize the order. That wasn't too smart I guess...

micah
2009-10-07, 05:31
amazon status changed to shipping soon (no email yet though). i am hopeful to get it by this weekend!

gfuchs
2009-10-07, 07:09
Just got a ship notice from Amazon. Should have it tomorrow.

vw195
2009-10-07, 09:10
Just got a ship notice from Amazon. Should have it tomorrow.

Heh congrats.. I gave up at amazon, cancelled my order, and ordered from logitech :) Should be getting it tomorrow as well..

mparry
2009-10-07, 09:22

fixed.

gweempose
2009-10-07, 09:38
I gave up at Amazon, canceled my order, and ordered from Logitech :)I did the exact same thing. Placed the order last night. I figured I was so far down the queue at Amazon that I would be better off this way. :)

gdpeck
2009-10-07, 13:54
fixed.

ordered.

mparry
2009-10-07, 14:01
ordered.

Shipped,
I upgraded your shipping as well.
Enjoy!

twynne
2009-10-07, 14:34
Hi Matt,

Are there issues with the store tonight, and if so are orders getting through? My first order, though confirmed online and by email, just disappeared. I placed it again and the second one seems to have taken, but having said that I received the same confirmation as the first. I only need one, by the way. :-)

Cheers,

Tom

mparry
2009-10-07, 14:46
HI Tom,
Did you order on www.logitech.com or www.logitechsqueezebox.com?
I ask because I am not seeing any orders going to a Tom on our logitechsqueezebox store.
You can also pm me your order # and I will check for ya.

twynne
2009-10-07, 14:51
HI Tom,
Did you order on www.logitech.com or www.logitechsqueezebox.com?
I ask because I am not seeing any orders going to a Tom on our logitechsqueezebox store.
You can also pm me your order # and I will check for ya.

PM'd you - cheers!

gdpeck
2009-10-07, 16:11
Shipped,
Enjoy!

Sweet! Thanks Matt!
I'm sure I will enjoy it. I'm still not sure I need two squeezeboxes in my bedroom, but I'm looking forward to super flexible alarms, quiet internet radio background music at night, and a clock that is dim enough that I can sleep facing it.

hello squeezebox radio. goodbye ihome.

unclemat
2009-10-07, 16:13
Just placed an order as well.

Matt Wise
2009-10-07, 16:31
Shipped,
Enjoy!

Amazing... It took less than 2 hours for me to get my unit after I placed my order!!!!

:P

gweempose
2009-10-07, 20:02
Looks like I messed up. After I canceled my Amazon order, I re-placed the order from the main Logitech site as opposed to the Squeezebox site (it's very confusing that two completely separate e-stores exist). Unlike many of you, things haven't gone nearly as smoothly for me. Instead of having my shipping upgraded, my order is still in limbo and listed as "Order in Process" on Logitech's site. The irony is that by the time the Radio finally gets to me via ground shipping, I probably would have actually gotten it sooner if I had just stuck with Amazon. :(

iPhone
2009-10-07, 21:59
Sweet! Thanks Matt!
I'm sure I will enjoy it. I'm still not sure I need two squeezeboxes in my bedroom, but I'm looking forward to super flexible alarms, quiet internet radio background music at night, and a clock that is dim enough that I can sleep facing it.

hello squeezebox radio. goodbye ihome.

If you have the experience I have with a Boom on my night table and SB Radio on the better half's night table, I think you will like it. She has really become attached to the SB Radio. The Boom was a passing interest because it was easy to move and she likes the surf or rain to fall asleep to. The Radio has brought her full circle to now enjoy all the SBs in the house and I think she gets what I found about them. Honestly, I thought the one in her car and the Boom would have done it. But no, the little SB Radio won her completely over to having music everywhere. She wants one for her office now also.

Matt Wise
2009-10-07, 22:22
If you have the experience I have with a Boom on my night table and SB Radio on the better half's night table, I think you will like it. She has really become attached to the SB Radio. The Boom was a passing interest because it was easy to move and she likes the surf or rain to fall asleep to. The Radio has brought her full circle to now enjoy all the SBs in the house and I think she gets what I found about them. Honestly, I thought the one in her car and the Boom would have done it. But no, the little SB Radio won her completely over to having music everywhere. She wants one for her office now also.

:P I guess my sarcasm didnt show through... I work in Engineering @ SMBU, it took ~2-3 hrs to get my baby's (from sales) from about 75 ft away. :)

iPhone
2009-10-07, 22:37
:P I guess my sarcasm didnt show through... I work in Engineering @ SMBU, it took ~2-3 hrs to get my baby's (from sales) from about 75 ft away. :)

Hey Matt I knew what you meant and know where you work. My comments were about the last part of his post not the first part. I should have edited the part I Quoted.

Speaking of where you work, were are all the type of pictures that the Web Monkey used to post of guys receiving pallets of SBs then shipping them back out in ones or twos from the shipping dock?

toby10
2009-10-08, 04:43
........ The Radio has brought her full circle to now enjoy all the SBs in the house and I think she gets what I found about them. Honestly, I thought the one in her car and the Boom would have done it. But no, the little SB Radio won her completely over to having music everywhere. She wants one for her office now also.

To me this is the genius of the SB Radio! It's intended usage, form factor, design familiarity, simplicity and target market will bring the entire streaming concept to those that previously would have walked right past such players (in the store, online, and as you demonstrated....in your own home).

Then these first time SB and streaming customers will certainly be much more inclined to buy more SB players. They may as well have named Radio the SB Crack! ....... cuz many will certainly want more. :)

Ikabob
2009-10-08, 05:10
Good point Toby, but in MY wife's case I call it SBChocolate. She loves the SBs and wants more.

vw195
2009-10-08, 05:16
Looks like I messed up. After I canceled my Amazon order, I re-placed the order from the main Logitech site as opposed to the Squeezebox site (it's very confusing that two completely separate e-stores exist). Unlike many of you, things haven't gone nearly as smoothly for me. Instead of having my shipping upgraded, my order is still in limbo and listed as "Order in Process" on Logitech's site. The irony is that by the time the Radio finally gets to me via ground shipping, I probably would have actually gotten it sooner if I had just stuck with Amazon. :(

That sucks! I also found it confusing having two different portals from the same company. Hopefully logitech straightens it out soon. Good luck!

gdpeck
2009-10-08, 06:47

I hope that the Radio does drive squeezebox adoption in my home. It remains to be seen. I have had two SB3s for a couple of years, and my wife just recently started warming to them, because of the internet radio capabilities. Honestly, besides the fact that I want to buy every squeezebox that comes out (except the duet for some reason), the thing that really drove this purchase is that I am looking for a lot of flexibility in the way alarms are set. As long as they are easy to set and we can kind of forget about them once set, I think everything will be good.

I'm amazed that you have installed squeezeboxes (or is it squeezeboxen) in your cars. Do you have pictures posted anywhere?

Thanks!
George

gfuchs
2009-10-08, 14:01
It was a long day at work today knowing my Radio would be there when I got home. Just got it out of the box.
NICE !
More after I get it going.

Greg

SteveEast
2009-10-08, 15:10
Yeah, I just spent an hour playing with mine (so to speak). I have a feeling that Logitech have a huge hit on their hands.

Steve.

gfuchs
2009-10-08, 15:22
This is my first SB product, and I am not an audio type.
I am impressed as hell!
That little sucker cooks!
You guys done good!

I made notes as I set it up. I'll post them later.
First impressions from someone that's never seen one of these before.

Greg

gfuchs
2009-10-08, 16:00
Wandering around the menus and buttons.
I'm not just impressed, I'm stunned!
I've mucked around with PCs, PDAs etc. since they were invented.
All I can say is wow!

Greg

gweempose
2009-10-08, 16:26
I have a feeling that Logitech has a huge hit on their hands ...Based on the product's merit alone, I would have to agree with you. The problem is that a vast majority of people still don't know that devices like this exist. Logitech needs to market the crap out of this. Obviously, they have the money behind them to do so, but the question is will they?

gdpeck
2009-10-08, 16:51
Just got mine connected up. Had to put in a static IP address for some reason; I've had to do that with other devices on my network. My DHCP server is not good.

Anyway, I already love this thing. I want about 60 of them. Sound quality is amazing for a device this size.

barbro66
2009-10-08, 19:11
Another Amazon order bites the dust.... just ordered from the slimdevices site, let's see if amazon and UPS can race each other!

jay_cee_in_da_house
2009-10-09, 08:33
Another Amazon order bites the dust.... just ordered from the slimdevices site, let's see if amazon and UPS can race each other!

Heh - you all just keep on canceling those amazon orders. Every time that happens I get that much closer to the front of the line.

I do hope production gets ramped up here pretty soon though...

vw195
2009-10-09, 08:58
Yes, but Ive already received mine from LogitechSqueezebox :)

jay_cee_in_da_house
2009-10-09, 11:00
Yes, but Ive already received mine from LogitechSqueezebox :)

I know...I'm cheaping out. (I have Amazon prime shipping and no sales tax).

It is making me learn patience.

bluegaspode
2009-10-09, 11:25
Me too today.
Amazon said november when I cancelled :)

vw195
2009-10-09, 11:27
I know...I'm cheaping out. (I have Amazon prime shipping and no sales tax).

It is making me learn patience.

Heh me too, but if you order from logitechsqueezebox, they will give you free shipping & no sales tax. For whatever reason the logitech site wants to chage sales tax.

barbro66
2009-10-09, 16:19
Heh me too, but if you order from logitechsqueezebox, they will give you free shipping & no sales tax. For whatever reason the logitech site wants to chage sales tax.

oops - well that's $18.50, my contribution to the California state deficit

jay_cee_in_da_house
2009-10-09, 17:43
Just got my shipping notice from Amazon. Next day shipping...for Monday. Sigh.

Oh well, I ordered towards the end of September, so Amazon must be near the end of their preorder backlog.

gweempose
2009-10-09, 21:22
... if you order from logitechsqueezebox, they will give you free shipping & no sales tax. For whatever reason the Logitech site wants to charge sales tax.I ordered from the Logitech site and didn't get charged sales tax. I assume it's because I live outside of California where Logitech is based.

gweempose
2009-10-12, 10:04
The UPS guy just dropped mine off! :D :D :D

Goodsounds
2009-10-12, 10:54
I ordered from the Logitech site and didn't get charged sales tax. I assume it's because I live outside of California where Logitech is based.

No, it would be because the selling entity has no employees and uses no facilities in your state. The obligation to collect a state's sales tax is triggered by the selling entity having "operations" within a given state, not where it's based.

barbro66
2009-10-12, 11:08
I just got mine - very impressive!

It's much smaller than I thought - but I'm used to a huge internet radio that I had picked up for $50 three years ago. The red colour isn't as nice as I thought it would be, although perhaps I can pretend it's Italian. At least it's different to black. The sound quality is fine for kitchen listening.

I'd say the UI is a little on the complex side, but is full of nice features. In particular the "1-5" preset buttons which just let you just push a button and listen to radio without having to think. Very nice how you can put a 'shuffle' option on the main screen too (although 'song mix' is a bit obscure for the iPod generation)

Often i'm cooking or something and i just want it to play some music and not have to think about it and the radio meets that. I also appreciated how it found 'local' radio stations when I was setting it up.

One tiny bug is that the BBC app is called "RADIO_PROVIDERS_BBC" when you add it to the home page.

This thing is full of attention to detail. Well done.

adam8281
2009-10-14, 10:08
I ordered a red one from the squeezebox site on October 12, and my order still says pending. Are they in stock?