PDA

View Full Version : Is the Squeezebox Touch available yet?Pre-order?

Ikabob
2009-09-29, 19:17
When is the SB Touch going to be available. I notice it is not on the Logitech product Buy Now page. Or maybe I am not going to the right page. I would like to pre-order.

JJZolx
2009-09-29, 19:22
Right now it's looking like maybe December or January.

[IDC]Dragon
2009-10-07, 05:27
What's missing for availability? Software, I guess, or hardware production?

Some people already have the hardware, a batch seems to have leaked into distribution even before the official product announcement.

Very likely, Logitech woudn't want to miss the holiday season. Just another guess.

Jörg
(Who desperately wants one, not for the screen, but for 24bit/96kHz playback @ external DAC.)

funkstar
2009-10-07, 08:44
Dragon;468362']What's missing for availability? Software, I guess, or hardware production?

Some people already have the hardware, a batch seems to have leaked into distribution even before the official product announcement.

Very likely, Logitech woudn't want to miss the holiday season. Just another guess.

Jörg
(Who desperately wants one, not for the screen, but for 24bit/96kHz playback @ external DAC.)
The Touch is slated to become officially released at the start of December. You are right, hardware has been available for some time, so once Logitech pull the trigger and "release" it, stock should be available very quickly.

The Touch has the capacity to run a stipped down version of SBS, this relies on the move from MySQL to SQLite. The migration to SQLite, as well as other changes, was taking longer than anticipated so the main development effort was switched to the Radio, to get that out the door for the holiday season.

Mnyb
2009-10-11, 03:56
Any online sellers in Europe taking pre orders yet ?

Or any one knows off any on line seller still leaking hardware :-P