PDA

View Full Version : archlinux

th00ht
2009-09-29, 15:51
<whine>
As I don't like to whine I will not ask: why on earth change the name (again)? Although I might be thinking this very loudly so possibly you pick up the vibes. (btw. why is this forum called SqueezeCenter? I'm at a loss)
</whine>

What is the recommended strategy for an upgrade Squeezecenter to SqueezeboxServer? As I attempt to maintain an archlinux package I need to know if the best think is just to remove everything squeezbox related and do a fresh install or if there is something that can be used from to old one like squeezecenter/cache for instance?

mherger
2009-09-30, 00:46
> pick up the vibes. (btw. why is this forum called SqueezeCenter? I'm at

Good point :-).

> What is the recommended strategy for an upgrade Squeezecenter to
> SqueezeboxServer? As I attempt to maintain an archlinux package I need
> to know if the best think is just to remove everything squeezbox related
> and do a fresh install or if there is something that can be used from to
> old one like squeezecenter/cache for instance?

You should probably remove the installed files, but not the data files. There's code in SBS which will migrate prefs from a *squeezecenter* folder to the corresponding *squeezeboxserver* folder. What kind of customization are you using?

th00ht
2009-09-30, 07:41
Thanks michael,

if you say migrate that means it will leave the old files intact under squeezecnter and create new settings for SBS, right?. That is good and would in principle allow for a simple rollback. The end-user than might have to remove the now old folder manually. But that is something that can be mentioned per post-installation notes.

What about the sql database? Is this migrated as well or not touched at all?

I see now that the PKGBUILD still mentions slimserver on many scripts, time to clean those away as well.

Jo King

mherger
2009-09-30, 08:45
> if you say migrate that means it will leave the old files intact under
> squeezecnter and create new settings for SBS, right?

yes. for prefs only.

> What about the sql database? Is this migrated as well or not touched at
> all?

No, not touched at all. It does require a rescan anyway.

th00ht
2009-10-10, 00:59
OK, I found some time to do some additional attempts. Now I get

Can't call method "log" on an undefined value at /home/squeezeboxserver/CPAN/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm line 189.

what does this mean?