PDA

View Full Version : Can I build a battery pack...

Howard Passman
2009-09-28, 02:08
If I throw together a pack for the Radio, will it work without the two monitoring points?

Howard

ccrome2
2009-09-28, 15:19
No it won't work. We count on having the monitoring points, and the temperature sensor. We had a home-made one get *very* hot in the lab, and since this is a safety issue, we absolutely don't support or encourage any homebrew batteries, and the devices are smart enough to detect whether it's homebrew or not.

-Caleb

Howard Passman
2009-09-28, 15:23
No it won't work. We count on having the monitoring points, and the temperature sensor. We had a home-made one get *very* hot in the lab, and since this is a safety issue, we absolutely don't support or encourage any homebrew batteries, and the devices are smart enough to detect whether it's homebrew or not.

-Caleb

Looks as if a purchase better made next summer then.

Thanks,

Howard

SuperQ
2009-09-28, 19:48

-Caleb

Can you post a little more about the battery? Is it a generic type of pack used by other devices?

peterw
2009-09-28, 21:17
Can you post a little more about the battery? Is it a generic type of pack used by other devices?

See this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=68100

I believe Caleb said in the beta test phase that it's custom for Radio, designed to fit the cavity snugly without rattling when Radio is playing loudly.

autopilot
2009-09-29, 14:15
See this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=68100

I believe Caleb said in the beta test phase that it's custom for Radio, designed to fit the cavity snugly without rattling when Radio is playing loudly.

Yes, it's very well made. Has a rubber/foam pads to hold it snugly. I would not try and make one, it's well worth the money IMO.