PDA

View Full Version : Applet Installer: network timeout on bigger applets (1MB) ?

bluegaspode
2009-09-27, 13:44
I'm currently facing an issue, that my new applet cannot be installed via applet-installer.

In the logs I see that upon installing, some file are extracted, but this stops (after 15secs) with a thread-timeout-message.
After that the applet-directory is empty on the controller again.

The 'Downloading applet'-Screen stays on forever.

Any idea how I can make my applet installable via Applet-Downloader ?

Here is the log

Sep 27 22:04:48 squeezeplay: INFO applet.SetupAppletInstaller - SetupAppletInstallerApplet.lua:372 downloading: http://www.stagessound.de/squeeze/Weather.zip to: /usr/share/jive/applets/Weather/
Sep 27 22:04:50 squeezeplay: INFO applet.SetupAppletInstaller - SetupAppletInstallerApplet.lua:444 extracting file: /usr/share/jive/applets/Weather/images/
Sep 27 22:04:50 squeezeplay: INFO applet.SetupAppletInstaller - SetupAppletInstallerApplet.lua:444 extracting file: /usr/share/jive/applets/Weather/images/200px-Weather-clear-night.svg.png
Sep 27 22:04:50 squeezeplay: INFO applet.SetupAppletInstaller - SetupAppletInstallerApplet.lua:444 extracting file: /usr/share/jive/applets/Weather/images/200px-Weather-clear.svg.png

[...]

Sep 27 22:05:06 squeezeplay: INFO applet.SetupAppletInstaller - SetupAppletInstallerApplet.lua:444 extracting file: /usr/share/jive/applets/Weather/images/200px-Weather-violent-storm.svg.png
Sep 27 22:05:07 squeezeplay: WARN net.thread - NetworkThread.lua:146 network thread timeout for Task(SocketHttp {stehome_Request}(R))

You can try yourself with www.stagessound.de/bluegaspode.xml as repository. Applet in Question is the 'Weather Screensafer'.

bluegaspode
2009-09-27, 14:17
even stripping down to 265kB is still too big-

Triode
2009-09-27, 14:53
Does the same happen on desktop squeezeplay?

There is a timeout but I am not sure why it is triggered if the download is progressing. Need to look at in more detail. Could you raise a bug?

Triode
2009-09-28, 01:00
> even stripping down to 265kB is still too big-

Your zip file contains folders - this is not supported by applet installer.
Could you repackage with all the files at the root level of the zip file. I
think this will make it work.

The timeout is just that it is doing nothing for that time period, but it
should have fetched and installed it all by then. If you try it wuth
desktop squeezeplay you will see that the install doesn't work, but the
unzip happens almost instantly.

bluegaspode
2009-09-28, 01:20
Ahhh !!

Thanks a lot - now it is working !