PDA

View Full Version : Radio Vs Boom

jonchill
2009-09-27, 07:17
I've already got a boom in our bedroom but want to get something for the dining room originally I was looking for another Boom but given the Radio's released tomorrow I thought this would be an option.

From looking at the two the differences I immediately see are Boom is stereo (sort of) and wired, while the Radio is portable (Can it be wired?), has a colour screen and looking at pre-release pricing its around 30 cheaper than the Boom. Is that about it on the differences?

Can you buy a spare battery pack?

Is the sound as good as the boom?

Would anyone recommend the Boom over the Radio?

Thanks for you help.

Jon

Phil Leigh
2009-09-27, 07:52
I've already got a boom in our bedroom but want to get something for the dining room originally I was looking for another Boom but given the Radio's released tomorrow I thought this would be an option.

From looking at the two the differences I immediately see are Boom is stereo (sort of) and wired, while the Radio is portable (Can it be wired?), has a colour screen and looking at pre-release pricing its around 30 cheaper than the Boom. Is that about it on the differences?

Can you buy a spare battery pack?

Is the sound as good as the boom?

Would anyone recommend the Boom over the Radio?

Thanks for you help.

Jon

Yes

Nearly

Yes for sound (bass) /volume (but they are quite close), no for portability

toby10
2009-09-27, 08:02
Yes, new Radio can be wired.
Radio is mono, but sounds good.
Batteries are (will be) offered as a "package" of a battery & remote for $49, dunno if one can just buy an extra battery.
I think you hit all the important differences between them.

Comparefeatures/functions:
http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/product_matrix.html

MeSue
2009-09-27, 08:24
FYI - The Radio doesn't come with a battery pack. It will be a separate accessory you can buy. Wasn't sure if you understood that since you asked about buying a spare battery.

It can be wired.

Radio does not have a subwoofer connector.

You might like the Radio better for the bedroom, and then you could put your Boom in the dining room.