PDA

View Full Version : Turn off display??

audio53
2009-09-24, 18:32
I will be using the Radio in the bedroom. Does the screen turn off completely when the power button is turned off?

Oh, another question. Typically, when the power button is turned on, how long does it take for the Radio to start playing?

Thanks.

iPhone
2009-09-24, 19:13
I will be using the Radio in the bedroom. Does the screen turn off completely when the power button is turned off?

Oh, another question. Typically, when the power button is turned on, how long does it take for the Radio to start playing?

Thanks.

The Radio has two Off settings. It can be put in Standby like the older units which was considered Off or it can be turned all the way Off with a press and hold of the Power button.

The display is completely dark in Off Off. It also does a boot when coming out of Off Off just like plugging in an older Squeezebox. It seems much quicker to me, but I haven't timed it vs say an SB3 or Boom.

The display is going to be able to be very dim when on if desired if not even dark I believe.

radish
2009-09-24, 19:18
When it's "off off", it's obviously totally dark (there's no power). When it's in "squeezebox off" it uses a screensaver, one of which is "screen off" (just like the controller). It's really off if you use that too.

peterw
2009-09-24, 21:53

From "off" mode with a dark screen to playing an Internet Radio stream: about one second.

From truly off: like the Controller, it's more like 45 seconds to f
ully boot. I have an early hardware build, so that might be better in the final build, but you'll generally want it in "off" mode so you can wake it up remotely. In full off mode I think it would take a button press or a previously scheduled alarm to turn Radio on (like Boom, Radio is designed to keep track of the next alarm and power up in time even if fully off, iiuc).

ccrome2
2009-09-24, 22:19
From "off" mode with a dark screen to playing an Internet Radio stream: about one second.

From truly off: like the Controller, it's more like 45 seconds to f
ully boot. I have an early hardware build, so that might be better in the final build, but you'll generally want it in "off" mode so you can wake it up remotely. In full off mode I think it would take a button press or a previously scheduled alarm to turn Radio on (like Boom, Radio is designed to keep track of the next alarm and power up in time even if fully off, iiuc).

From full off mode, the alarm will wake you properly. It will boot up a little early, in time to reconnect with the server, and then alarm you in time. It will do this when running on the optional batteries too.

-Caleb

sander
2009-09-29, 16:28
I don't know if it works on the Squeezeplay devices, but I use the autodim plugin on my boom/sb3s which makes them completely dark at night.

peterw
2009-09-29, 16:45
I don't know if it works on the Squeezeplay devices, but I use the autodim plugin on my boom/sb3s which makes them completely dark at night.

I have not yet updated AutoDim for Radio, but intend to. Ideally it would be an applet so it would work even when connected directly to SN/MySB, but that won't happen right away.

peterw
2009-09-29, 22:18
I have not yet updated AutoDim for Radio, but intend to. Ideally it would be an applet so it would work even when connected directly to SN/MySB, but that won't happen right away.

Actually, with 7.4.0, this would need to be (or depend on) an applet. The screensaver settings for Radio are not copied to/from Squeezebox Server, so a SC/SBS plugin like AutoDim cannot handle this for you. I opened a bug on this a while back, and it looks like it won't be resolved until next spring (currently it's targeted for SBS 8.1, and I expect SBS 8.0 will come out late this year).

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11442

-Peter

Thue
2011-10-27, 05:14
The screen can can be set to turns off completely when in sleep mode in settings->screen->screensavers->when off->screen off