PDA

View Full Version : Photo of Time Display on Radio?

eap
2009-09-21, 05:48
I plan on using this as a bedside alarm clock. Most professional photos I've seen are of music playing on the display.

Are there any still shots (I've seen the video) of the radio with the time display?

Also, if for some reaon squeeze center is down (and squeezenetwork), will the radio still emit an alarm to wake you (even if you had set it to play local or internet music)?

In other words, what is the danger of hearing no alarm at all?

ccrome2
2009-09-21, 08:51
I plan on using this as a bedside alarm clock. Most professional photos I've seen are of music playing on the display.

Are there any still shots (I've seen the video) of the radio with the time display?

Some screenthots of clock screensavers are attached.

Also, if for some reaon squeeze center is down (and squeezenetwork), will the radio still emit an alarm to wake you (even if you had set it to play local or internet music)?

In other words, what is the danger of hearing no alarm at all?
There is (or will be anyway) a built-in fallback alarm tone. I don't know if that has been implemented yet, but we understand it's importance. It will wake you up, even if you loose internet connnectivity.

ccrome2
2009-09-21, 08:54
Some screenthots of clock screensavers are attached.

There is (or will be anyway) a built-in fallback alarm tone. I don't know if that has been implemented yet, but we understand it's importance. It will wake you up, even if you loose internet connnectivity.

BTW, for those of you who don't know, you can take screenshots by pressing and holding 'REW' and 'PAUSE' simultaneously.

vw195
2009-09-21, 10:09
BTW, for those of you who don't know, you can take screenshots by pressing and holding 'REW' and 'PAUSE' simultaneously.

How do you get those screenshots after you take them? Can you SSH into the radio?

ccrome2
2009-09-21, 10:28
How do you get those screenshots after you take them? Can you SSH into the radio?

Ah, yes. SSH.

* Enable SSH from GUI: Settings->Advanced->Remote Login
* # ssh -lroot <ip> mkdir /media/tmp (default password is 1234)
* Take some screenshots
* # scp root@<ip>:/media/tmp/* .

Justme
2010-02-04, 03:11
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I have a question about the clock display at night.

Having a Boom in the kitchen, I am quite impressed with it's clock function and how it auto dims when the room is dark. The brightness levels are excellent in darkness, i.e. not too bright.

My two questions for the radio, is 1) does it also have an auto dimming feature?

and 2) quite important this one, how does the black parts of the display look at night in the dark? What I mean, is that I tried a night clock app for my iPhone which dims the display right down and with a black background. But at night it looks horrible. You can still see the big rectangle of the black background as it is far from black and is still too bright. Does the SBRadio also have this problem?

eap
2010-02-04, 05:18
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I have a question about the clock display at night.

Having a Boom in the kitchen, I am quite impressed with it's clock function and how it auto dims when the room is dark. The brightness levels are excellent in darkness, i.e. not too bright.

My two questions for the radio, is 1) does it also have an auto dimming feature?

and 2) quite important this one, how does the black parts of the display look at night in the dark? What I mean, is that I tried a night clock app for my iPhone which dims the display right down and with a black background. But at night it looks horrible. You can still see the big rectangle of the black background as it is far from black and is still too bright. Does the SBRadio also have this problem?

Auto dimming works a little too much, and I found it too dim with the auto dimming enabled. I adjusted the brightness manually and leave it there (its a little too dim with the lights on, but perfect at night). I understand the new firmware will have a "minimum brightness" setting which should resolve the auto dimming issue (too dim) at night if you use auto dimming.

The black background is really gray (after all, its an LCD screen and you can't get true black). You can see the rectangle, but it still looks good at night. I don't think you'll have an issue with either auto dimming (if you like it really dim), or manually adjusting it.