X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cfuttrup
    • Sep 2009

How to find threads I'm following?

Hi all.

In other forums I am used to a simple one-click way to get an overview of the threads where I have posted messages - for quick and easy follow-up. Does this forum have this feature?

I've found a work-around, use Search -> Advanced Search and search for all posts where user = myself has posted.

Does this forum support an easier way to do this, like what I'm used to in other forums? ... I haven't had any luck locating a way to change the skin of the forum, or other setup features that would enable this.

The feature I'm looking for is not "Subscription" or "Private Messages."

Best regards,
    Claus
  • iPhone
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by cfuttrup
    Hi all.

In other forums I am used to a simple one-click way to get an overview of the threads where I have posted messages - for quick and easy follow-up. Does this forum have this feature?

I've found a work-around, use Search -> Advanced Search and search for all posts where user = myself has posted.

Does this forum support an easier way to do this, like what I'm used to in other forums? ... I haven't had any luck locating a way to change the skin of the forum, or other setup features that would enable this.

Best regards,
    Claus
    Not sure as I haven't thought to look or need that. I just read ALL new posts when I login. A quicker way then doing a search is to just Left Click on your ID (like at the start of this thread) and select "Find All Post By Cfuttrup" in the drop down menu. Same thing can be done by Left Clicking on your ID at the bottom of the main page where it lists all members online (or any member of that matter that you want to see their posts).

One of the Admins or Mods might know a better or easier way.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: SB Touch, USB drive
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Comment

• funkstar
      • Nov 2005

Clicking on User CP should give you a list of threads you are subscribed to with unread posts, clicking "View all Subscribed Threads" should give you a list of them all with most recently edited at the top.

[Project Log] Funkstars Digital Lifestyle - HEXUS.Community

In use: 1x Touch, 1x Boom, 2x SB3, 1x Controller
      In a box: 1x Radio, 1x (Beta) Controller, 1x Receiver, 1x SB2 wired (silver), 1x SB (black), 1x SliMP3 (with rear shield)

If you have any others, let me know, I'm interested!!

Comment

• JJZolx
        • Apr 2005

What do you mean it's not Subscriptions? Under User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Options > Messaging & Notification > Default Thread Subscription Mode, do you have something other than "Do not subscribe" set? If so, you're automatically subscribed to any thread that you start or in which you post a reply. If you set "Instant email notification" then you also get an email notification any time a new reply is posted.

To easily get to your subscribed threads, use Quick Links > Subscribed Threads.

The New Posts link is also handy. In the list of threads shown you should see a checkmark displayed for any thread to which you're subscribed.

Instead of New Posts, I use the following link, which shows you activity from the last 24 hours, including threads that have no new messages and ones where your own reply was the last one added.

Comment

• cfuttrup
          • Sep 2009

JJZolx: I found the option and it was set to "Do not subscribe" and I think it's because I don't want to receive emails. Checking the alternatives it is now set to "No email notification" - so I hope this will work.

Thanks for all inputs.

Comment

• JJZolx
            • Apr 2005

JJZolx: I found the option and it was set to "Do not subscribe" and I think it's because I don't want to receive emails. Checking the alternatives it is now set to "No email notification" - so I hope this will work.
            Also note that you can go back and subscribe to any of the threads where you have posts. Or any thread that you like. Use the Thread Tools menu and 'Subscribe to this thread'.

Comment

Working...