PDA

View Full Version : internet radio problems with softsqueeze

bassa
2009-09-16, 11:31
Hello,

Since 2 weeks i have a problem with my music system.
My softsqueeze(squeezeslave!) player on my server doesn't play internetradio anymore.
I found out that it still plays some radio channels (but not the ones i like)
I can't think of anything that i have changed in the setup, and the duet in my livingroom play all radiostations normal.

Is there anybody who can tell me how to solve this??
I would really appreciate to be able to listen to the radio again while i am having my breakfast.... :D

bpa
2009-09-16, 11:40
Information please what version of SC and softsqueeze ?

bassa
2009-09-17, 00:03
stupid, should have given more info on my first post....

squeezecenter version 7.3.2 (platform i686linux)
running on ubuntu server 8.04.1 (hardy) kernel: 2.6.24-23-generic

I don't know the what version of squeezeslave i am running...
(how can i check the version?)

bpa
2009-09-17, 00:15
Please clarify are you running Softsqueeze or squeezeslave - they are totally different applications ?

If you are running Softsqueeze you will find the version on the confiuguration/settings page on it UI.

If using Softsqueeze, you should try Softsqueeze 3.9b1 installed using Extension Downloader under the "alternative" heading. See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=62060

bassa
2009-09-17, 05:24
squeezeslave, (it's a headless server)
I see i wrote softsqueeze by mistake in my first post... i was tired, sorry

bassa
2009-09-18, 00:27
found out this morning:
Tried to break the silence in my kitchen this morning, so i took my duet-controller to listen to the radio.
but the controller seems to have the same problem! it also doesn't play my preferred radiostations....

bpa
2009-09-18, 00:32
Sounds like you are trying to play some stations that need transcoding (e.g. WMA) but you haven't installed the right app or perhaps some compatibility libraries if you are using a 64bit kernel.

Give details (i.e. URLs) on the stations that don't work

bassa
2009-09-19, 00:57
I listen to the stations that is presented in squeezecenter.
mostly my national radio station (radio 1, 2 and 3)
If you do a search for "3fm serious radio" you should get it.

The stations are streamed from radiotime, i can't find what the format is they use. The website says that they have several streams, but they are opened in a web-player, and i can't find the direct adres of it.

What app or library should i install?

And why did't use to work in the past
(well sometimes it also didn't work, i had the same problem, but after 1 or 2 days it always started working again by itself)

Thanks for your reply's so far bpa! I hope you can guide me to a solution.

bpa
2009-09-19, 01:49
mostly my national radio station (radio 1, 2 and 3)

What country Spain, Italy, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden ... ?

The stations are streamed from radiotime, i can't find what the format is they use. The website says that they have several streams, but they are opened in a web-player, and i can't find the direct adres of it.

When a station is playing - look on SC WebUI with your player selected on top RHS - under the station name it will give the format and speed if available.

hat app or library should i install?

Depends on your problem.
Are you using a 64bit kernel ?
Are you playing WMA streams ?
They have different solutions - identoify the problem then solution can be given.

If playing WMA on Softsqueeze - it is usual to install AlienBBC which also provides WMA transcoding for SB1, Softsqueeze and Squeezeplay players

[quote]
And why did't use to work in the past

I presume you mean "did work in the past" - usually because something has changed. Has anything changed since it used to work.

If it started working properly after 1-2 days - usually means a restart or cache got cleared. In which case - reboot (i.e. power off, wait a few minutes - then on) all devices - routers, switches, PCs and players.

You need to characterise the problem fully - then a solution can be suggested.

bassa
2009-09-19, 03:21
I'll try to be give as much info as possible :)

My location is the netherlands, (thought it would be visible, it wasnt, now it is)
I looked for the stations, they are MP3, constant bit rate 128 KBps
The station that does work (but do not like) is a WMA stream
(it works on the squeezeslave player, not on the squeezeremote)

Right now, the squezeremote play al the stations fine.... :S

So i am only listening MP3 streams, i have a generic kernel, (generic is 32-bits)

I will do a restart right now, (i hardly ever restart my server by the way)

bpa
2009-09-19, 04:14
I don't know squeezeremote - but if it is play stream.mp3 then it doesn't really help.

Your national station uses both WMA and MP3 - so please test using "Tune-in" on WebUI the following URLs on squeezeslave and on your hardware player and say which works on which player and which do not work.

http://shoutcast.omroep.nl:8100/listen.pls

http://www.omroep.nl/live/radio1-breed.asx

bassa
2009-09-21, 06:39
The problem is solved!
I did a restart of my server and router.
I feel kind of stupid i never tried before! (Since my server is linux, the idea of restarting never came up to me.)
I don't know what the problem is, probably some kind of cache problem

Thanks for the effort Bpa!