PDA

View Full Version : Why is this forum moderated?

iisfaq
2009-09-15, 23:40
I posted a response to my own question more than 24 hours ago - no response - no post

I posted another answer today - no response - no post

This sort of thing makes posting a waste of time - hundreds of people could have seen my issue and responded but no one sees it.

Why is this?

This makes forums worthless - how much spam do you really get? Is it because I am new?

Chris

mherger
2009-09-16, 00:26
> I posted a response to my own question more than 24 hours ago - no
> response - no post

Could you tell me where you posted? These forums aren't moderated, but
some spam filtering applies. I didn't get any notification though.

radish
2009-09-16, 08:15
Spam was becoming a serious problem and as a result certain posts are held for approval. I'm not sure exactly what the criteria is, but being a new member is certainly a factor as is posting links. There's no notifications to mods when a post is held though, so it depends on one of us spotting it and approving. The process could probably be improved :)

iisfaq
2009-09-16, 17:09
Thanks for letting me know.

I think I was posting links to the WIKI from memory.

Chris

Mark Miksis
2009-09-16, 21:17
Sorry about that - all of your posts should now be released.

Unfortunately, the forums software gives us little freedom to tweak the spam detection rules. But fortunately, now that you have more than 10 posts it won't affect you anymore.

iisfaq
2009-09-18, 00:31
Sorry about that - all of your posts should now be released.

Unfortunately, the forums software gives us little freedom to tweak the spam detection rules. But fortunately, now that you have more than 10 posts it won't affect you anymore.

Thanks Mark

chris