PDA

View Full Version : Alarm through speaker although headphone plugged in?

mule
2009-09-15, 07:00
Just one question: Is it possible to get an alarm through the speaker although the headphone is plugged in? Or does the alarm only come through the headphone when plugged in?

TheMule!

ccrome2
2009-09-15, 08:09
Just one question: Is it possible to get an alarm through the speaker although the headphone is plugged in? Or does the alarm only come through the headphone when plugged in?

TheMule!

The alarm will play through the loudspeakers, regardless of whether or not the headphones are plugged in.

-Caleb

mule
2009-09-15, 08:54
Great! Thanks for the answer! My preorder is on the way...

Keymaster
2009-09-15, 09:41
The alarm will play through the loudspeakers, regardless of whether or not the headphones are plugged in.

-Caleb

Great implementation, Caleb!! I would have def. thought that the answer was no...yet another reason why the Squeezebox Radio is the GREATEST ALARM CLOCK EVER!!

Cheers!!

MeSue
2009-09-19, 17:33
What happens if an alarm is set to go off when the Radio is on battery and is in its deep sleep power-saving state?

ccrome2
2009-09-19, 17:36
What happens if an alarm is set to go off when the Radio is on battery and is in its deep sleep power-saving state?

We've thought of that -- the RTC wakes it up early, in time for the alarm.

-Caleb

MeSue
2009-09-19, 17:38
We've thought of that.

-Caleb

I had a feeling. ;)

mule
2009-10-13, 09:08
Maybe i am doing something wrong. But just tested the described scenario with my new radio and the alarm only came through the headphone but not through the speakers!

I'm using my headphones pretty much, so the radio would be unusable for me if i always would have to pull the headphone plug in order to wake up the next morning.

Any idea?

TheMule!

gweempose
2009-10-13, 09:27
Maybe i am doing something wrong. But just tested the described scenario with my new radio and the alarm only came through the headphone but not through the speakers!What are you using as the alarm? Is it one of the built-in alarms, local music, or an internet stream?

ccrome2
2009-10-13, 10:10
Maybe i am doing something wrong. But just tested the described scenario with my new radio and the alarm only came through the headphone but not through the speakers!

I'm using my headphones pretty much, so the radio would be unusable for me if i always would have to pull the headphone plug in order to wake up the next morning.

Any idea?

TheMule!

TheMule, You are some master bug finder :-)

The alarm should come through the speakers, not through the headphone.

I filed this bug for you: https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14742

-Caleb

mule
2009-10-13, 10:54
Many thanks ccrome2. "Master bug finder" sounds good! Could this be the ticket for beta testing? ;-)

TheMule!

timc166293
2009-10-19, 15:10
Just got my radio and searched forum for this problem. I am surprised this was not tested. It works as expected on my Boom.

I hope they fix soon as I really like the Radio:)

regards tjc

vw195
2009-10-21, 19:26
Unfortunately it appears that this bug is still there. Hopefully this bug gets fixed soon, as that is not good if the radio is the main alarm clock.

mule
2009-11-12, 05:06
Any news on this issue?

I especially asked for this functionality before buying the unit and was being told by logitech that it would work the way i need it (see beginning of this thread). It was a major buying point for me which is even after several weeks not being addressed. The only thing i can see is that the bug states "to be resolved in 7.4.x". But all infos on this forum say that there is not going to be another official 7.4.x version. So when is this major issue going to be resolved or do i have to return the Radio because it doesn't fulfill its official specs and therefore is useless for me?

Thanks in advance for any news!

TheMule!

mule
2009-11-13, 05:11
Since we all know that the headphone plugin bug of the controller has even after more than 12 months not being solved and that one get no answer to what is the reason for the bug on the Radio nor when it is going to be addressed:

Could it be that it is a hardware design flaw which could not be solved by software?

I'm going to wait a few more days and after that i'm going to return the last Radio i owned too, because of wrongly announced features. Sorry for not being a loyal customer anymore. But all the things regarding the SB Radio that happened to me personaly (the people involved do know what i mean) are driving me mad!

TheMule!

bluegaspode
2009-11-13, 10:11
Since we all know that the headphone plugin bug of the controller has even after more than 12 months not being solved and that one get no answer to what is the reason for the bug on the Radio nor when it is going to be addressed

I don't think this relates. Though the detection doesn't work, with linux internals its still possible to force a specific output (that why the headphone switcher applet works). So that should work on the radio as well (and thus should be solveable in software).

Where did you read that there won't be another 7.4.x release ?
Maybe its a problem, that the bug is not marked as 7.5 then (noone is seeing this one in his filters) ?

I hope someone from logitech sees this thread and can comment on the current priority of this bug. To be sure you are heard, you should comment on the corresponding bug-report (and you will see who at least is notified).

mule
2009-11-13, 12:07
I already commented on the bug last week, because i believe that the given priority level "P1 normal" is wrong, because "normal" is defined as "under certain circumstances". I won't believe that plugging a headphone into an alarm device with a built-in headphone jacket is something "under certain circumstances". Especialy because i asked for it and got the official info that it works the way it should?! But still no answer...

TheMule!

mule
2009-11-18, 09:50
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm loosing all my trust into this product and into logitech! In my opinion it is a shame that an officialy advertised feature by the hardware department of logitch in this thread (which was one of the main reasons for me to buy the radio) isn't working even after more than 1 month since it release! There isn't even a single reaction whether to the bug nor to this thread.

My conclusion is that the development department of logitech is only working in order to get the touch asap on the market and already has dropped the radio in terms of priority (since releasing 7.4.1).
And I also can't loose the feeling that the recognition problems with the headphone jack of the controller and the sb radio are hardware related or per design faulty! Otherwise this small bug should have been resolved for ages!

bluegaspode
2009-11-18, 10:41
I wouldnt trust that the 'correct' logitech employee reads this threads.
As mentioned before I guess its a better way to ask directly in the bug report.

It would also make sense to innocently ask the official support lines, just to push the bug from another side ;)
They need to get official answers before they are allowed to close a bug ...

mule
2009-11-18, 14:44
Just found the below statement of one of the developers in one of the beta threads. This proofs my above theory: Priority 1: Sell new devices (touch), Priority 2: Remove bugs on existing devices. Thanks for this clear statement and treating of existing customers! Going to return my radio now...

"Alarm clock needs a full checkup soon. I need to complete my priority 1 tasks for SB Touch release first then will be addressing alarm issues..."

mule
2009-11-18, 14:46
Just found the below statement of one of the developers in one of the beta threads. This proofs my above theory: Priority 1: Sell new devices (touch), Priority 2: Remove bugs on existing devices. Thanks for this clear statement and treating of existing customers! This is exactly what all the guys here were worried about when logitech announced to buy slimdevices. Sad story... Going to return my radio now...

"Alarm clock needs a full checkup soon. I need to complete my priority 1 tasks for SB Touch release first then will be addressing alarm issues..."

mule
2010-02-28, 03:36
WOW! This bug has been solved after nearly half a year in the newly uploaded 7.5 beta!

elziko
2010-03-29, 13:19
I don't find this fix to be working reliably - information added to the bug:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14742

Anyone else seen this fix failing?

bluegaspode
2010-03-29, 14:10
I suggest opening a new bug report for your problems.

The bug report linked is marked as resolved/fixed so doesn't turn up in any statistic as beeing open.
Sure some people still get copies when someone comments, but I guess this is not enough to see more work on this one.

mbonsack
2010-03-29, 17:18
I suggest opening a new bug report for your problems.

The bug report linked is marked as resolved/fixed so doesn't turn up in any statistic as beeing open.
Sure some people still get copies when someone comments, but I guess this is not enough to see more work on this one.

Can't we ask someone with the proper permissions to reopen this bug rather than creating a new one?

elziko
2010-03-30, 01:58
Can't we ask someone with the proper permissions to reopen this bug rather than creating a new one?

OK, I have contacted James Richardson who I think is in QA via e-mail. If I get no joy then I'll open a new bug.

elziko
2010-04-20, 08:24
It was requested that my issues were added to a new bug:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16100

If you have problems with sound coming from the headphones during an alarm you should now head there.

Squeezesatty
2011-01-10, 12:56
I know that this is quite an old thread but the bug still exists! I'd love to fall asleep while listening to my last.fm-radio with my headphones. But the alarm doesn't wake me up the next morning.

elziko
2011-01-11, 02:22
I know that this is quite an old thread but the bug still exists! I'd love to fall asleep while listening to my last.fm-radio with my headphones. But the alarm doesn't wake me up the next morning.

You're correct: this is still not fixed properly.

Have you voted for the bug in the post previous to yours? That is one way to get the developers to listen.

Otherwise, a bug like this can be difficult to fix because for some people it works and others it doesn't. Until a developer can recreate the problem with repeatability, they probably won't even look into it.

Perhaps you could add your experiences to the bug:

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=16100

I suspecting that the cause if this is some action your and I are performing the night before an alarm. For example, we are listening to an internet radio station which causes the Radio to enter an invalid state some how.

Are you able to perform a set of actions that will ALWAYS cause your Radio to output the alarm thought the headphones. If you can and you document this then we have a chance of getting this fixed.