PDA

View Full Version : SB Touch & Radio - iPod?

spc337
2009-09-15, 06:39
I'm not sure if the iPod is an "open" interface but curious if/when these great Squeezebox products will be able to control an iPod rather than just have a line in.

autopilot
2009-09-15, 07:01
I'm not sure if the iPod is an "open" interface but curious if/when these great Squeezebox products will be able to control an iPod rather than just have a line in.

No, its purely a line-in. However, if you plug an iPod into the USB port the SB touch (running it's inbuilt Squeezecenter) can scan the ipod and add the files to its library and play them, which is even better than actual iPod control IMO.

Not sure which iPods are compatible, but my Classic works fine. Make sure you enable external drive support when you connect it to iTunes.

pippin
2009-09-15, 07:25
Not sure which iPods are compatible,

Only old ones.
My old plugin suggestion to have a iPhone control for SC still stands, I'm just not going to do teh Perl part.

jtpowell
2009-09-16, 13:02
Just old ones. The iPhone and iPod Touch don't have drive support.

spc337
2009-09-17, 07:28
However it is done, having something that isn't just a line in would be great. I like iPeng but sadly returned my iPhone due to the poor email handling. I make pick up an iPod Touch and then iPeng is back in action. However, this doesn't solve the problem. SC would need to be iPod aware and be able to index it's library separate from it's own (since it can be disconnected).