PDA

View Full Version : Carrying assistance?

mbg
2009-09-12, 07:37
Is that indent in the back of the Radio at the top to help you carry it around? One of the things that was really missing from the Boom (IMO) was some kind of carrying handle.

Keymaster
2009-09-12, 07:44
It sure is!! :)

mbg
2009-09-12, 07:45
Great... thanks!

aubuti
2009-09-12, 08:43
Is that indent in the back of the Radio at the top to help you carry it around? One of the things that was really missing from the Boom (IMO) was some kind of carrying handle.
Yes it is, and it works very well. It's more hand-friendly than the Boom's indentation, and of course the SB Radio is smaller and lighter, which also makes carrying easier.

I think the indentation in the back of the Boom works fine as a carrying handle. If you rotate your wrist just a bit so that the face of the Boom is facing slightly up it's a good, secure way to carry it. For a firm grip you should also take the Boom remote out of its little indentation on the top.

iPhone
2009-09-12, 08:51

Yes. Radio carries well using the finger tip slot at the top. Don't have a battery yet, so don't know if that extra weight is going to change my opinion of how well it will carry.

Boom carries great by putting ones thumb on the top (Snooze Button area) and 3 or 4 fingers into the indention where the power connector is. Granted its not made for kids hands, but then again, children shouldn't be carrying anybody's Boom around in my opinion.

mbg
2009-09-12, 09:21
Thanks all. I didn't even realize that was meant to be a carrying point on the Boom, actually... but I can see how it would work pretty well without the remote in place. Will give it a try.

MeSue
2009-09-12, 09:34
I think the indentation in the back of the Boom works fine as a carrying handle. If you rotate your wrist just a bit so that the face of the Boom is facing slightly up it's a good, secure way to carry it. For a firm grip you should also take the Boom remote out of its little indentation on the top.

I have carried my Boom in and out to the pool for two summers now and *only* dropped it twice. :eek: Both times I caught it against the little platform where I put it, so there was no serious damage, just a scratch on the back of one (now mounted in the kitchen), and a slightly dented grill on the other. :( Actually, both times I dropped it, it was not while carrying, but when repositioning it to put it up on the platform where I have to plug it in.

I haven't tried the Radio poolside yet, but I don't think it will be loud enough to compete with the filter pump and the color screen would probably be harder to read.

Mark Lanctot
2009-09-12, 11:17
Thanks all. I didn't even realize that was meant to be a carrying point on the Boom, actually... but I can see how it would work pretty well without the remote in place. Will give it a try.

I don't think it is, it's an indent for the rear connectors, but it does work well as a carrying handle indent.