PDA

View Full Version : Pin

juan
2009-09-12, 07:14
I can't find the PIN number of my Squeezebox Boom in the Configuration menu.

Any help?

Thanks a lot

Labarum
2009-09-27, 06:06
I can't find the PIN number of my Squeezebox Boom in the Configuration menu.

Any help?

Thanks a lot

This seems to be a perennial problem. See:

http://www.mail-archive.com/squeezenetwork@lists.slimdevices.com/msg06670.html

And I have lost my PIN before.

This time I have moved house. New install. New ISP. New IP Addresses.

The SB PIN seem available when you first switch on a new SB then mysteriously disappears.

It should show in Player Information, which can even manage a MAC address.

Who can help?

toby10
2009-09-27, 08:15
Alternative player registration (no PIN needed).

- Create a SqueezeNetwork account, register account (email confirmation)
- Launch SqueezeCenter on your computer, go to SC > Settings > SqueezeNetwork, enter SN login info
- Connect player to SC, player should now be registered on SN

No need to run SC after registration, if you wish to only use SN. :)

Labarum
2009-09-27, 12:18
Alternative player registration (no PIN needed).

- Create a SqueezeNetwork account, register account (email confirmation)
- Launch SqueezeCenter on your computer, go to SC > Settings > SqueezeNetwork, enter SN login info
- Connect player to SC, player should now be registered on SN

No need to run SC after registration, if you wish to only use SN. :)

I am so registered: the SB responds to IR remote commands and the SB deisplay reports the SN account details, but the SN Webpage does not recognise the player and the player will not respond to commands for the web interface.

I does seem I need the PIN, but how can I get the SB to declare it?

Do I really have to go for a factory reset?

BastiaanR
2009-09-27, 16:27
The PIN is used to register your SB on SN. Nothing else. If its already registered, then you do not need the PIN anymore.

The PIN will be shown to you when you instruct your SB to connect to SN -and- this SB is not yet registed. If it -is- registered it will not show you the PIN, it will just proceed to connect.

I believe that, when the SB is connected to SN, you can also find a PIN somewhere in the Controller's menu.

RECAP:
- if the SB is not registed on SN, and you try to connect to SN it will show you the PIN so you can register,
- if the SB -is- registered on SN, and you try to connect to SN it will just proceed to connect
- if the SB is connected to SN you can find a PIN somewhere in the settings (I believe) but it's useless because obviously the SB is already registered.

Labarum
2009-09-27, 21:34
RECAP:
- if the SB is not registed on SN, and you try to connect to SN it will show you the PIN so you can register,
- if the SB -is- registered on SN, and you try to connect to SN it will just proceed to connect
- if the SB is connected to SN you can find a PIN somewhere in the settings (I believe) but it's useless because obviously the SB is already registered.

Reiteration:

The SB is registered.

It does connect, and does respond to IR remote commands when connected.

The SN web interface does seem to require a PIN to be entered before it will show the player on screen, and allow control from that screen.

For those functions I do seem to need the PIN, and my Squeezebox CLASSIC will not declare it. A Duet with CONTROLLER may behave differently.

A help screen on the SN Signup page unhelpfully says:

----

Locating your Player PIN

* From your Squeezebox's "home" menu, scroll down and select SQUEEZENETWORK. Your Player PIN should display on the screen.

If your Squeezebox is already connected to SqueezeNetwork:

* From the main menu of your Squeezebox, scroll to SETTINGS --> PLAYER PIN, and your PIN will be displayed.

If you are attempting to create a SqueezeNetwork account without a PIN:

* Close this window and complete the signup form, but leave the "Player PIN" field blank for now.

--

IT DOES NOT!

"Information" for MySqueezebox.com has three entries

mysqueezbox.com Version number
Datatcenter
Account

Player PIN is not declared here, or in information when connected to the my local SC.

It could be that the PIN is a one-time security feature rather than a persistent code attached to single player - I am guessing a 4 character code would not have enough combinations for all the potential SBs online.

But this does not help me - my configuration has changed and I need a PIN to re-link my SB to the Squeezenetwork/Mysqueezebox.com webpage.

I am using the latest 7.4 nightly.

BastiaanR
2009-09-28, 01:51
Reiteration:

The SB is registered.

This should mean that, when you open your SN account and look under "Players", it will list your SB. Of course, when the SB is connected to SC when you visit SN it will show up as "Disconnected" because the SB is not connected to SN. If your SB is listed in SN, then you do not need the PIN.

The SN web interface does seem to require a PIN to be entered before it will show the player on screen, and allow control from that screen.

The SN web interface requires a SB to be registered before it shows up in your list of Players. In order to register you need a PIN. When your SB is not registered, and you make your SB connect to SC, then the SB will automatically show you a PIN so you can register it.

I do seem to need the PIN, and my Squeezebox CLASSIC will not declare it.

Why do you need a PIN? Is your SB not listed in your SN account under Players? If your SB is not registered, force it to connect to SN (Music Source > SqueezeNetwork). It then should give you a PIN.

"Information" for MySqueezebox.com has three entries
mysqueezbox.com Version number
Datatcenter
Account

That's not the 'usual' SN. You're using http://test.squeezenetwork.com in combination with SC 7.4?

I'm not familiar with test.squeezenetwork.com, or SC 7.4 with the related firmwares. Are the above entries from SN or the SB menu?

It could be that the PIN is a one-time security feature rather than a persistent code attached to single player.

Right. The PIN is only a token that is exchanged during registration. It's not a universal persistant ID for your SB.

my configuration has changed and I need a PIN to re-link my SB to the Squeezenetwork/Mysqueezebox.com webpage.

I am using the latest 7.4 nightly.

Just curious, what changed in your configuration so that you require the PIN?

I believe 7.4 uses http://test.squeezenetwork.com, so I'm assuming that you created an account there? And when you lookup your players there, you cannot select your SB, or control it using the web interface?

toby10
2009-09-28, 05:15
I have four different SB players (SB3, Boom, Radio, Touch) and only the SB3 required use of the PIN with the old SlimServer 6.5 (back in 2007 the SS6.5 had no SN player registration feature).

My subsequent three players never required any PIN if using SC7.x for player registration. All four players work fine on both SN and test-SN (MySB).

Try two things:
- with your player connected to SC, use the computer UI and go to Internet Radio > RadioIO (note: NOT SC > Internet Radio > Music > Internet Only > RadioIO)
EDIT: Now I'm getting confused. :) The above proper way for sc7.4 is SC > My Apps > RadioIO
Does it list all 61 streams? Do they play on your player (pick a couple)?
If yes then your player is registered on SN. If no then it is not registered.

- go to the non-test-SN www.SqueezeNetwork.com, log in, see if your player is listed

EDIT: Also, I don't think full SN and test-SN integration has happened yet. If you enter your old SN login info into SC it will say it is invalid for SC7.4 use.

Labarum
2009-09-28, 07:13
Thanks for your help, but let me say for the third time. My SB is registered, will play from SN/mysb.com and will accept commands from the IR remote; but the web interface cannot recognise the SB and demand a pin. I cannot control my SB in SN mode from my laptop without a PIN. The web interface demands it, and the SB will not yeald one.

Factory reset next . . . but there does seem to the software problem.

And I say again, I am using the latest 7.4 nightly and the latest firmware.

BastiaanR
2009-09-28, 10:01
I cannot control my SB in SN mode from my laptop without a PIN. The web interface demands it, and the SB will not yeald one.

It sounds as if your SB is registered on test.squeezenetwork.com and connected to that.

Now you want to register it on the normal www.squeezenetwork.com, and the SB is not giving you a PIN?

What if you log into your http://test.squeezenetwork.com account on your laptop? Is your SB not listed there, and can you not control it?

Could you post the MAC Address of the SB in question?

Labarum
2009-09-28, 10:25
What if you log into your http://test.squeezenetwork.com account on your laptop? Is your SB not listed there, and can you not control it?

Ah. Now we are getting somewhere. Yes, I can both see and control my SB3 from test.squeezenetwork

It seems I have a half and half installation. I though the old and new site were entirely interchangeable.

I will wait for the new software to settle a little before exploring more - just moved house, and lots to do.

I normally work through my local server, and that is fine.