PDA

View Full Version : Choosing Specific Items From Playlists and Music Folder Using iTunes

The Witchdoctor
2009-09-10, 11:53
Currently, my version of SqueezeCenter (7.3.3) organizes my "Playlists" and my "Music Folder" alphabetically, which is great. But when you want to choose a particular Playlist or Artist from the Music Folder, the heading at the top of each page (the "Master Listing" for lack of a better title) lists the pages numerically, rather than giving you the letters of the alphabet that will allow you to choose the exact item the first time. You have to guess which "number" corresponds with the page your alphabetical Playlist or Artist is listed on. Is there any way to get Squeezecenter to give you the choice of offering you an "alphabetical" listing of your Playlists and Music Folder items so you can choose the exact Playlist or Artist without the guessing? I hope this is clear, but this is the best way I know how to describe the problem. If it's not clear, let me know. Thanks for your help in advance!

Jacob

pski
2009-09-10, 17:53
Currently, my version of SqueezeCenter (7.3.3) organizes my "Playlists" and my "Music Folder" alphabetically, which is great. But when you want to choose a particular Playlist or Artist from the Music Folder, the heading at the top of each page (the "Master Listing" for lack of a better title) lists the pages numerically, rather than giving you the letters of the alphabet that will allow you to choose the exact item the first time. You have to guess which "number" corresponds with the page your alphabetical Playlist or Artist is listed on. Is there any way to get Squeezecenter to give you the choice of offering you an "alphabetical" listing of your Playlists and Music Folder items so you can choose the exact Playlist or Artist without the guessing? I hope this is clear, but this is the best way I know how to describe the problem. If it's not clear, let me know. Thanks for your help in advance!

Jacob

Use "music library" artists or albums. "Music Folder" is a brute force browser that does not use the built-in databases.

P