PDA

View Full Version : Remote working with Touch and latest 7.4 build?

demdix
2009-09-08, 23:40
Hey all,

just received my Touch and the remote doesn't work? I know that the Touch isn't officially supported yet, is this a known issue? I'm running the latest nightly 7.4 build on Windows XP. Yip, batteries work!

Cheers

Demian

---------------------
*2 SB3, Duet and Touch

lrossouw
2009-09-09, 01:53
I see you have an SB3. Try their remotes on the touch and/or the touch's remote on them. I suspect they should work.

You should then be able to isolate whether it is the actual remote or the touch /software.

JJZolx
2009-09-09, 02:00
Explain what you mean by "doesn't work"? One button isn't working. None of the buttons work, or you can't perfom some particular task?

For the most part, the remote should work just fine. The IR interface needs some further development, but it works with both the Touch remote and older versions of the remote. IIRC, the only difference between the new remote and older ones is that the bottom three buttons have new codes that may not yet be supported in the software.

demdix
2009-09-09, 02:09
Cheers for the replies guys..

I haven't been home to try out the remote on my older SB3's or my older remotes on the Touch.

By not working I mean nothing happens at all, no matter what keys I press. maybe a dead remote on arrival?!?!

---
*2 SB3's
Duet
Touch

elziko
2009-09-09, 07:05
The Boom remote came with an adhesive tab to stop the battery running down whilst on the shelf.

Does the Touch remote have the same thing? If so did you remove it?

demdix
2009-09-09, 14:23
OK, so I've tried the remote out on my other Squeezebox's and it is working fine. Still no joy with using it on the Touch... is there a process that should be running that I can check? I've also tried my SB3 remote with the Touch and nothing is happening..

I seem to remember a utility for the older devices that you could use that spat out the IR that it was receiving (IRserverSB?!?)

Any ideas anyone? Or is it a dud unit?

Demian

JJZolx
2009-09-09, 14:38
OK, so I've tried the remote out on my other Squeezebox's and it is working fine. Still no joy with using it on the Touch... is there a process that should be running that I can check? I've also tried my SB3 remote with the Touch and nothing is happening..

I seem to remember a utility for the older devices that you could use that spat out the IR that it was receiving (IRserverSB?!?)

Any ideas anyone? Or is it a dud unit?

Could be a bad sensor, but I'd try a factory reset first. If you do this, you'll have to go through all of the initial setup again, including re-entering your wireless password. I don't know if this has been posted yet in the forum:

There's a Reset button on the back of the Squeezebox Touch, just above the power jack (on the left side of the unit if you're looking at it from the front).

Pressing the Reset button momentarily will reboot the device.

Pressing and holding the Reset button for approximately 15 seconds will restore factory settings. Just hold it until you see the settings restored message. You can also perform a factory reset from the Settings > Advanced menu if the device isn't locked up.