PDA

View Full Version : Original Slim Devices Squeezebox: wireless-g?

calipoop
2009-09-07, 16:36
Found an original Slim Devices Squeezebox V3 for sale, but was wondering if it worked the same as the Logitech's? Same wireless-g capabilities, etc?

Thanks in advance for your input!

aubuti
2009-09-07, 16:47
Yes, they are the same except for the logo on the faceplate. However, the Slim Devices branded SB3s were produced in both wifi and wired-only versions (the wifi model also does wired ethernet). So if you need to have wifi you should verify that the one you are looking at is a wifi model. Offhand I am not sure how you would verify it's wifi-capable without trying to set it up, because the antennas are internal and the label on the bottom doesn't say anything about wireless.

calipoop
2009-09-07, 16:58
Cool, thanks for the quick history lesson. I'll keep an eye out for the wired/wireless claim.

funkstar
2009-09-08, 07:42
Yes, they are the same except for the logo on the faceplate. However, the Slim Devices branded SB3s were produced in both wifi and wired-only versions (the wifi model also does wired ethernet). So if you need to have wifi you should verify that the one you are looking at is a wifi model. Offhand I am not sure how you would verify it's wifi-capable without trying to set it up, because the antennas are internal and the label on the bottom doesn't say anything about wireless.
Wasn't it the SB2 that had wired and wireless options?

I thought the SB3 was wireless (also with wired ethernet) only. The option was black or white plastic case.

killie99
2009-09-08, 08:49
definately SB3 which was wired or wired/wireless. I have a wired only one ....

Funfstar, whereabouts in our fair land are you from and how did you get a Touch?????

funkstar
2009-09-08, 09:01
definately SB3 which was wired or wired/wireless. I have a wired only one ....

Funfstar, whereabouts in our fair land are you from and how did you get a Touch?????
Oh well I was mistaken then.

I'm in the UK and I am part of the Beta test team. That's why I have a Touch and a Radio