PDA

View Full Version : Display camera picture on the SB Radio?

dcontis
2009-09-07, 16:11
I was wondering if someone had any idea if the SB Radio (or the SB Touch)
will be able to display camera feed, for example from the Logitech Video security system.

I am assuming quite a few people will have a SB Radio / Touch in their bedroom. In case of a suspect noise (inside or outside) it would be great to be able to visualize a video feed without having to navigate to a computer.

Just a though..

BastiaanR
2009-09-07, 18:00
[QUOTE=dcontis;456163]I was wondering if someone had any idea if the SB Radio (or the SB Touch)
will be able to display camera feed, for example from the Logitech Video security system.[QUOTE]

Someone else on this forum quoted a Logitech tech or sales person, saying that such a thing is theoretically possible.

That said, whether such a thing will happen...

The Logitech Wilife Video Security System is based on Homeplugs (Powerline). The Touch has a USB port, so you could connect a USB Homeplug adapter to that. The Touch will need to supprt the USB Homeplug adapter though, using a driver. Then it would also need to be able to pull the videostream from the Wilife cameras.

The Wilife system is a closed source system, so if this is going to happen it will have to be done by Logitech. Unless they publish the specs etc. (which would be really nice).