PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to record Squeezecenter?

whomever
2009-09-04, 10:26
Occasionly, there is a music festival streamed live, i would like to listen to it and record it. I have Replay Media Catcher but can't seem to catch stream on Squeezecenter. Is it possible or other suggestions for software? Thank you in advance.

Mnyb
2009-09-04, 11:40
How do you listen ? a hardware player or softsqueeze.

When streaming to one hardware player, the stream never is on the server in the first place it's going directly to the player.

But you can enable proxied streaming in the settings somewhere, this is btw how it's done when syncing multiple players.

Then the stream is on the server but how to capture ? thats beyond me ?
Somebody else migth now .

I should go about it from it from another angle I would use the "stream.mp3" function in SC that you use to play music from squeezecenter in winamp and similar players.
See help > "remote streaming" in squeezecenter, on howto do that.

I would imagine that finding an application that can record an mp3 stream is easier to find.

Btw what are running squeezecenter on windows linux mac OS ?

whomever
2009-09-04, 11:54
using windows xp...using orginal squeezebox

pablolie
2009-09-04, 12:09
Occasionly, there is a music festival streamed live, i would like to listen to it and record it. I have Replay Media Catcher but can't seem to catch stream on Squeezecenter. Is it possible or other suggestions for software? Thank you in advance.

Well, the RCA outputs of your SB or PC can be connected to a CD recorder, sometimes the old fashioned ways are the most straight-forward (and sound pretty good).

bpa
2009-09-04, 12:21
Run Softsqueeze, Squeezeplay or squeezeslave to play the stream thorugh PC speakers and then use the MS Recorder accessory to record the audio stream into a file.