PDA

View Full Version : Can the touch be controlled by the Duet controller?

kesey
2009-09-03, 13:07
(i) Matt Wise : "What audio is playable is entirely dependent on the *player* not the *controller*." Nicely put Matt: very clear and concise.

(ii) iPhone "The Touch does 24/96 natively just like the Transporter. No Sox needed, no resampling. The SB3 needs SOX to play 24/96 so it is resampled to 24/48." Also nicely clear and consise, iPhone.

So I have a Duet (Controller and Receiver). Can I use the Controller to control the Touch, (i.e.) replace my SB3 which I presently have connected to my Hi-Fi, and play 24/96 natively?

Matt Wise
2009-09-03, 13:08
Yes

Mark Lanctot
2009-09-03, 13:09
So I have a Duet (Controller and Receiver). Can I use the Controller to control the Touch, (i.e.) replace my SB3 which I presently have connected to my Hi-Fi, and play 24/96 natively?

Yes. Think of the Touch as a super-controller.

aubuti
2009-09-03, 13:47
Can I use the Controller to control the Touch, (i.e.) replace my SB3 which I presently have connected to my Hi-Fi, and play 24/96 natively?
Yes, and you can also use the Touch to control your SB Receiver. And I think you can even do the reverse of what you propose: if you have the Controller-as-player activated, you can control the Controller with the Touch (though I can't imagine why you would want to do that...).

JohnSwenson
2009-09-03, 18:00
Think of the touch as having two logical devices, a controller and a player. They just happen to reside in the same box.

The controler can control any squeezebox device and the player can be controlled by any squeezebox control mechanism (a controler, web UI, native apps on PCs, PDAs, iPhone etc).

The existing squeezebox controler also has this same architecture, it does have a player and you CAN control the controller player from the touch controller, and the touch player from the controler controller. Hmmm we need better names here!

John S.