Can the touch be controlled by the Duet controller?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kesey
    • Mar 2007

Can the touch be controlled by the Duet controller?

(i) Matt Wise : "What audio is playable is entirely dependent on the *player* not the *controller*." Nicely put Matt: very clear and concise.

(ii) iPhone "The Touch does 24/96 natively just like the Transporter. No Sox needed, no resampling. The SB3 needs SOX to play 24/96 so it is resampled to 24/48." Also nicely clear and consise, iPhone.

So I have a Duet (Controller and Receiver). Can I use the Controller to control the Touch, (i.e.) replace my SB3 which I presently have connected to my Hi-Fi, and play 24/96 natively?
  • Matt Wise
    • Oct 2007

Can the touch be controlled by the Duetcontroller?

Yes

Comment

• Mark Lanctot
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by kesey
      So I have a Duet (Controller and Receiver). Can I use the Controller to control the Touch, (i.e.) replace my SB3 which I presently have connected to my Hi-Fi, and play 24/96 natively?
      Yes. Think of the Touch as a super-controller.
      Boom (PQP3 - late beta, PQP1 - early beta), Squeezebox Radio (PB1 - early beta)

Comment

• aubuti
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by kesey
        Can I use the Controller to control the Touch, (i.e.) replace my SB3 which I presently have connected to my Hi-Fi, and play 24/96 natively?
        Yes, and you can also use the Touch to control your SB Receiver. And I think you can even do the reverse of what you propose: if you have the Controller-as-player activated, you can control the Controller with the Touch (though I can't imagine why you would want to do that...).
        Main system: SB3 > Emotiva XDA-1 > NAD C 325BEE > Vandersteen 1
        Living room: SB2 > Audioengine HD6
        Kitchen/dining: SB2 > AudioSource AMP 100 > 2-pairs of Polk Audio RC60i in-ceiling speakers
        Deck/patio: SB Receiver > AudioSource AMP 100 > Polk Atrium 45
        Study: Squeezelite-X on Win10 laptop with cheapo Logitech speakers
        Bedroom: SB Radio
        Quiet time: Hifiman Sundara headphones plugged into NAD amp or iPhone + AudioQuest Dragonfly Red DAC/amp
        LMS 8.5 running on a Raspberry Pi3 (piCore), controlled using iPeng and SB Controllers

Comment

• JohnSwenson
          • Jun 2006

Think of the touch as having two logical devices, a controller and a player. They just happen to reside in the same box.

The controler can control any squeezebox device and the player can be controlled by any squeezebox control mechanism (a controler, web UI, native apps on PCs, PDAs, iPhone etc).

The existing squeezebox controler also has this same architecture, it does have a player and you CAN control the controller player from the touch controller, and the touch player from the controler controller. Hmmm we need better names here!

John S.

Comment

Working...