PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with the musicbrainz track id (mp3)

maggi68
2009-08-26, 09:57
Hello,

my music libary contains mp3 and flac files and so I can see I've only trouble with mp3.

I looked at the slimserver database and see that all artists and albums has a correct musicbrainz id's.

This belongs also to many of the mp3 tracks but a couple of the mp3 tracks has no musicbrainz id's.
It seems on the same album there are tracks with musicbrainz id's and such tracks with non id's.

I can't recognise any association.

In the database all tracks (the good and the bad) marked same with content_type / tagversion mp3 / APEv2.

- My tagger is mp3Tag writing ID3v2.3 UTF-16. I also tried out ID3v2.4 UTF-8
- I get the id's with Musicbrainz Picard (MUSICBRAINZ ARTIST ID, MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM ID, MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID).
- The SqueezeCenter scanner reports no problem

Anybody an idea ?

Kind regards
maggi68

elstensoftware
2009-08-27, 01:23
Presumably you are getting the IDs using Picard?

Are you sure that Picard is matching all of your music? Maybe it is failing to match against some.

maggi68
2009-08-27, 04:18
Hi,

no I'm shure. With mp3Tagger all tracks look like same. They has all the MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID tag and an id.

greetings
maggi68

maggi68
2009-08-28, 10:06
ok, I maked further tests.

- tagged and ckecked with Pickard (no changing)
- tagged and checked with foobar200 (no changing)
- Imported the libary in a windows squeezecenter installation (I normaly use readyNAS). The same as on the NAS. The same tracks have ids and have no ids.
- Full scan and scan about new tracks (deleted this tracks in the database before).

I'm helpless, what can I do next. Parsing the squeeze source code ? Where should I start (I'm no perl developer).

regards
maggi68

Sorry for my bad english

wowo
2009-08-28, 10:44
I am puzzled:

- My tagger is mp3Tag writing ID3v2.3 UTF-16. I also tried out ID3v2.4 UTF-8 maggi68
So you use ID3v2.3 as tag format.
I see also

Hello,
In the database all tracks (the good and the bad) marked same with content_type / tagversion mp3 / APEv2.maggi68
So you use also APEv2 ?
The use of different tagformats must be avoided.
I have set the Musicbrainz picard to remove APEv2 tags out of the mp3files and use only ID3v2.4 UTF-8.

maggi68
2009-08-28, 15:08
Hi wowo.

first of all thank you for your help.

Mp3tag display the following tag formats ID3v1, ID3v2.4 and APEv2. Te correct and the wrong tracks tagged same and I tried different software (mp3tag, Picard, foobar2000).

At the moment my opinion is, that this is a bug in squeeze scanner.

Kind regards.
maggi68

wowo
2009-08-29, 02:38
My personal experience is that if you use the ID3V2.x and APEv2 at the same time, strange things are going to hapen with the scanner.
My advice is: remove the APEv2 tags and delete and rebuilt the library.
Further: there is in my opinion no need to uses 2 ID3 formats either. So you can also remove the ID3v2.1 tags.
You can use MP3tag for this.
No need to say to test it first on a few files.
I am pretty sure that this is the solution for you.

maggi68
2009-08-29, 04:55
I tried it out, now tageversion ID3v2.4.0. no success

wowo
2009-08-29, 06:21
Have you also tryed to remove all the tags with mp3tag from the "problem files" and tagged them again with Musicbrainz or by hand with mp3tag ?
Otherwise I do not know what you can try.
In 99% of this cases is tagging the cause and not the scanning module.

maggi68
2009-08-29, 09:16
ok this is the solution (but a bad one).

I removed all tags (the APEv2 was not enough) with mp3Tag and rebuild it. Unfortunately I don't know the real reason / solution, so now I must find out the bad tracks and do this work for all of them.

Maybe this is not a bug of the scanner but he is not really fault tolerant. All the tagger tools display the Musicbrainz Track-ID.

Thanks for your help.

maggi68