PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - 3rd Party Plugins

jonkeo
2009-08-25, 09:50
Hello,

I've had my boom for almost a year and love it. I am a geek but not an audiophile. I want to start modifying the boom with some cool plugins but I'm a bit intimidated about screwing it up.

What are recommended plugins that people love that I could experiment with?

Thanks!

MeSue
2009-08-25, 10:12
Music Information Screen is a good one for the Boom. Lets you customize what is shown on the screen with a lot more flexibility than what you can do with Squeezecenter alone.

MusicIP is great if you like listening to mixes.

If you move the Boom between outdoors and a bedroom like I do, the Reset Volume plugin will save your ears. Lets you set a default volume that it goes to every time it's turned on.

Peter314
2009-08-25, 10:12
Lazysearch is the one plugin that I would not be without. It enables predictive text when searching using the remote. Once you get used to Lazysearch there is no going back.

MeSue
2009-08-25, 10:14
Lazysearch is the one plugin that I would not be without. It enables predictive text when searching using the remote. Once you get used to Lazysearch there is no going back.

But doesn't Lazysearch need a remote with number buttons? If all he has is a Boom, it won't work, since the small Boom remote does not have number buttons.

lrossouw
2009-08-25, 10:23
If your a geek you'd like trackstat (and the other ones that work with it) plugin. Keeps stats of what you play and allows you to create dynamic playlists of what you play most. Also incorporates ratings. One of the weather/date/time plugins. I must say they are less than useful since I've moved to the tropics. Weather is always the same :D

Peter314
2009-08-26, 14:24
But doesn't Lazysearch need a remote with number buttons? If all he has is a Boom, it won't work, since the small Boom remote does not have number buttons.

Having just now looked at an image of the number-free Boom remote, I have to agree with you! I suppose it would be an expenditure disporportionate to the benefit to buy a full remote?! :)