PDA

View Full Version : Dropout problems

=?iso-8859-1?q?Matthew=20Bain?=
2004-06-21, 04:45
After the trauma of having a squeezebox that would not update it's firmware (using the

disconnect the wireless card and hardwire the connection trick I finally managed to

update to v25) the dropout issue is still bugging me.

I have found a partial solution in that removing the wireless card and hard wiring the

squeezebox to my wireless router resolves the dropout issue. Interestingly with the

wireless card in and hard wired the dropouts still occur!!

This however is not an ideal situation.

Performing tests with the wireless card in and placing it right next to the server with a

92%-96% signal strength shows that wireless network strength is not an issue.

What I want to know is whether the firmware update and dropout issue is connected and if so

will it be resolved. If they are not connected that can somebody suggest a solution.

Would dropping back to an earlier build and firmware (v22?) resolve it for now.

I have been really pleased with my squeezebox performance up until that fatal update and

I dont really want to have to switch to another solution but this is really annoying me.

From reading other messages this doesn't seem to be an isolated issue

---------------------------------
Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.

Tim Limon
2004-06-21, 06:22
Mathew,
What types of files are you playing? How ere these encoded? Can you post your system specs?
--tim
"Matthew Bain" <mattybain (AT) yahoo (DOT) com.au> wrote in message news:20040621114526.69625.qmail (AT) web41403 (DOT) mail.yahoo.com...
After the trauma of having a squeezebox that would not update it's firmware (using the

disconnect the wireless card and hardwire the connection trick I finally managed to

update to v25) the dropout issue is still bugging me.

I have found a partial solution in that removing the wireless card and hard wiring the

squeezebox to my wireless router resolves the dropout issue. Interestingly with the

wireless card in and hard wired the dropouts still occur!!

This however is not an ideal situation.

Performing tests with the wireless card in and placing it right next to the server with a

92%-96% signal strength shows that wireless network strength is not an issue.

What I want to know is whether the firmware update and dropout issue is connected and if so

will it be resolved. If they are not connected that can somebody suggest a solution.

Would dropping back to an earlier build and firmware (v22?) resolve it for now.

I have been really pleased with my squeezebox performance up until that fatal update and

I dont really want to have to switch to another solution but this is really annoying me.

From reading other messages this doesn't seem to be an isolated issue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------